cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompting Failed - HELP!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working with Crystal XI

I have a report I worked all last week on and finally finished Friday afternoon. The report seemed to work fine when I left. The only issue was a parameter that I could not delete, but did not seem to affect the report.

Today I get into work and run the report and it stil seems to work fine. Then I click the refresh button and select the option "Prompt for new parameter values", click "Ok" and I get the following error message:

Prompting failed with the foollowing error message ''.

Error source: Error code 0x80070057

As I said, I worked all week on getting the report just perfect. I'd really rather not have to start off all over from the beginning.

How do I fix this?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, after two hours of downloading time, plus a couple of hours more trying to install the darned thing, it officially didn't fix my problem.

If I hadn't posted my initial problem here, I would have finished re-creating the report by now.

0 Kudos

At least you are on the latest patches.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Except that next month we're supposed to upgrade to the latest version (Version 14?)

Such is life.

0 Kudos

You can download CR 2011 now if you want, Trial version is available. I doubt though it's going to fix the problem. I think the file is corrupted so you'll have to copy and paste all objects from old to new report.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick and dirty way to find a delinquent parameter, is to edit it and change its data type. When you try to save report it should error and take you to the point/location where parameter is being used.

You can then delete it or correct it as required.

Ian

0 Kudos

Appears to be the parameter you can't delete is the cause of the problem. Make sure it's not being used any where in a formula or selection formula.

Also, upgrade to CR XI R2 for free, make sure you have your XI keycode handy.

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100011802732008E/crxir2_sp4_full_build.exe

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100015859952009E/crxir2win_sp6.exe

And test again.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I am in the process now of downloading the upgrade.

I am not using the parameter anywhere. When I select the parameter and click "Delete" there is no error box nor a warning that I'm attempting to delete a parameter that's being used. Nothing at all, as if I hadn't done anything. Same thing if I click "Edit".

0 Kudos

Very strange.... Try it once you have the upgrade installed. If you still can't remove the parameter then I hate to say it but it may be your RPT file has been corrupted and you may need to rebuild it.

As a test copy it and then start removing subreports and the whole sections until you can delete it. May help find any references or at least possibly "fix" the RPT file.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still downloading (at 76%). Was there a reason why you posted links from a German source/mirror?

Also, just so you know, this particular report does not have any subreports.

0 Kudos

That's where all of the files are stored @ SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the two files the same (S2 upgrade) or do they both need to be run. If the latter, in which order?