Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARACTERISTIC MAXIMUN SIZE 18?? IN CO-PA report

former_member1036319
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to see the material description (MAKTX-MAKT) in our CO-PA report., (Actually we see the Product Hierchy field: MARA-PRDHA with legh 18).

I try to add the material description field like charact. to select in the CO-PA report, but when I try to save the new characteristic, the systema give me the message that the maximum size is 18.

So, ALWAYS in CO-PA reports the charact. maximun size is 18??

Thanks

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes.. COPA characteristics have he maximum size is 18 and its standard SAP..

Regards

Sarada

former_member1036319
Participant
0 Kudos

So in this case, there is no way to see the material description (MAKTX-MAKT) size (40 aprox.)?

Because you can add this field like a new charact. but the maximun size that you can save is 18.

It is possible to modify the size in the report layout (with report p.)?

Thanks

Francisco

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I remember - The drilldown option displays both Product No and Name.. you dont need to add MATKX char at all in COPA

Go to the Menu options > Char Display > Choose Key & Description and choose length = 30 or so

br, Ajay M

former_member1036319
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In customizing Char. max. size is 18.

Sorry but I can´t see the Menu--> Options , inside KE30 tr., (I can show you in a screeshot).

I have the menu--> Report / Edit / Goto / Navigate /......

Regards

Francisco

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Menu Settings > Char Display

br, Ajay M

former_member1036319
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajai,

Yees, at the end I can see the Product (material) description with the "Settings options" (by menu) and select the "Description (long) for the Lead column--> 50 lnght.

But as far I understood the charact. max. size is 18 fig., then what kind of field is the product description?, because in CO-PA customizing , the MAKTX-MAKT is a charact. with maximum size 18 and with this setting option I can see in the CO-PA report all the lnght field with the long description.

B. Regards

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

The long description that you can choose to display in KE30 is not a field in the COPA table. It is read from the material master when the report is executed. There is no point in adding the description as a characteristic in COPA as it is available in reports even without doing that.

former_member1036319
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Then, where does length limit apply for the CO-PA characteristics?, if you have the possibility to see in the CO-PA report the long description product from the master data.

Rgs.

Francisco

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It applies to chars that are populated in COPA.. Product description is not populated in COPA.. It is fetched directly froim the Mat Master as said above

Hence, you are not seeing it in KE30 as a separate field.. It is displayed next to the Product No

br, Ajay M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer notes:

371048: Drilldown reporting: characteristic disply in

112805: Drill-down rep.: Long texts for charact. values

regards

Waman