Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range External to Internal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have below requirements for which I need your suggestions:

1. need to convert external number range to internal

2. change existing personnel numbers to new internal number range.

3. have a separate number range for contract employees (different employee group)

Please suggest specially for point 2, if it is possible.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

1. need to convert external number range to internal

Copy the number range and make it internal and delete the old one and assign the new one woth same number

2. change existing personnel numbers to new internal number range.

Create a new number range with the number ranges existing and make it internal

3. have a separate number range for contract employees (different employee group)

Create a new number range and maintain NUMKR feature for that number range to reflect.

Take care that the number ranges do not clash

R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs...specially NUMKR which I completely missed out.

I was hoping to get a solution for changing the existing already allocated PERNR to an internal number range.

As of now we have gone with the suggestions without touching the allocated numbers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

To change the number ranges external to internal number range....goto transaction code pa04 there we have deselect the resective external check box.

To change existing personnel numbers to new internal number range is not possible according to me.

For the third one you have to insert a number range for Contract employees.It can be done through pa04.You have to select change intervals.Later here u can insert new number range for external employees.

Regards,

sairam.

p619793
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For the third one, additionally u have to maintain NUMKR feature to add a new number range based on employee group.