cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff. between STO processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain me the difference between STO with delivery and without delivery.

Why 2 ways , ie, 351 route and 641 route exists...?

When we are using 351 and when 641...?

One of my client has been using 351 route for RM and 641 for stores consumables/spares. Why is it so, as 351 seems to be an easy route...?

Searched this forum, but unable to get any detail....

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain me the difference between STO with delivery and without delivery.

STO with delivery will come into picture when you use the logistics to move the material from one Plant to another plant. Eg. Shipment scheduling, carrier information, shipment cost, Picking and packing. (Plants are in different location)

STO without delivery will come into picture when you have a virtual plant and you want to use the STO to transfer to the Virtual Plant. Eg: Both plant might be in the same location.

Why 2 ways , ie, 351 route and 641 route exists...?

351 - If the process gets worked in the Materials Management and does not involve Logistics. Only Material document gets created. (Plants are in same location)

641 - If the process was integerated with Logistics and Materials Management. 651 will be created for the goods issue and 101 will be created for the goods receipt.

When we are using 351 and when 641...?

The answer includes in the previous answers.

Hope it helps.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP offers you several alternatives so that you can decide which one is best for your purpose.

If your plants are apart from each other and you have to move your goods via public streets, then you usually need accompnying paper work. For this you use the delivery process.

If your plants are just a kind of virtual plants, that are actually sharing the same location, or in case you dont need paperwork from SAP, then you can go the "easy" route.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

While I appreciate your intimacy with SAP, I would like to clarify the following.

It is not that "easy route" means "no documentation".

We do have "Excise invoice" for both the routes which probably you may not be aware of, being it is India's specific documentation.

It would be better if I get some good input from experts of India as there may be specific reasons between choosing MM route STO and SD route STO.

Siva

PN: This was one of an interview question.

JL23
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As already mentioned by others SAP offers both ways for Stock Transfer and it is upto the customer to choose a particular path suiting their needs.

Now regarding the selection of option for a company in India, it again depends on the applicable excise laws and the way the entities are mapped in SAP.

It may be a case that a single excise entity is split into 2 plants, one being virtual in which case 351 is generally used.

In spite of whichever option is selected, if a excise recording of the transaction is required, it has to be carried out, as you already know it.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

351 movement created mateiral document and 641 movement creates both delivery and Shipping documents.

641 movement involves Sales process includes shipping, picking, packing etc.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.