Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Ditribution Model BD64 config

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know when do i need to do the BD64 configuration. In my project i checked most of the time bd64 config is missing still idocs are moved to SAP system or PI or legacy sytem without issue.

Few BD64 config they have done which are attached with filters. Can my idoc config be complete without creating distribution model. if yes from where it get's destination server( is it from the RFC connected to port) !!! ...and when is it required for bd64 model

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally you configure the Distribution model when you are working with Master Data.

Based on the Distribution model, SAP generates the IDOCs for each system, if there are more than one LS involved.

If you want to use the Message Reduction for standard message type, you need to use the Distribution Model.

If you want to do the filtering based on the data, you can specify that in the DM.

If you are using the FM MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE, you don't need to maintain the Distribution Model. It can generate the IDOC based on your specified control record.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Very true Naimesh .

But what abt message control and for most of message control idocs i am finding the distribution model is missing.

For your point can i mean if there is a single receiver i can go out without bd64. then how the system finds the receiver system .

0 Kudos

If you are using the Standard message type e.g. MATMAS, you need to specify along with receive in the BD64.

The standard one which are missing here, could be not in use.

You can find more information on [Distribution Model|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0b/2a610f507d11d18ee90000e8366fc2/frameset.htm].

Regards,

Naimesh Patel