cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config to attach documents in Travel

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I turn on the capability to attach receipts in Travel (both in R/3 and Portal)? Currently in PR05 I see an icon Services for Object which allows me to create attachments. Is this the service that allows me to attach receipts or is there a more specific Travel config?

Thanks.

Jinny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

It has been a while since my last post regarding our initiative for scanning of travel receipts but now that we've had some time to further investigate on our side, I do have some additional questions & definitely need some clarification on information I've read in many of the threads that seem to be conflicting. First, let me apologize for the length of the post but I felt it was necessary so as to be clear in the information we provide to you.....

Here is my understanding - can you please correct any erroneous statement I make & help with any outstanding questions?:

From PR05*: the 'Service Object' icon is available; it allows us to (1) Create Attachments and (2) Store Business Documents - this second option is only available IF some configuration for ArchiveLink has been done. (3) Outside of the GOS icon, there is also the option to 'Attach FACSIMILES'.

(1) CREATE ATTACHMENTS:

---Linked to BUS2089

---As a standard, documents are stored in the SAP Database, in KPRO, Table SOFFCONT1

---QUESTIONS:

from various threads, it is my understanding that if we want, we can push the 'Attachments' to an external database instead of storing in SOFFCONT1- is this accurate? AND if so, Is this recommended?

(ii) I've also heard that over time, if too many entries are stored in SOFFCONT1, there will be performance issues; is this a concern?

(iii) Is it also accurate to say that if we are able to send attachments to an external database, it also sends ALL other 'document types' that are stored in this table to that external database? Is this accurate? If so, are there any concerns with doing this?

(2) STORE BUSINESS DOCUMENTS:

-

Linked to BUS2089????? I'm still confused about this one because some threads say that this particular approach is linked to BOR 'TRAVEL' . However, in all of the testing we've done, to be able to use this option, a document type must exist in OAC2 and then this document type must be assigned in OAC3 to OBJECT BUS2089!! We've tried linking it to OBJECT 'TRAVEL' but when doing so, we do not see this document type under the 'Store Business Document' pop-up window but rather we see the document listed under the ASSIGN FACSIMILES option!! So our conclusion would be that 'Store Business Document' actually is attached to BUS2089 whereas it is the 'FACSIMILES option that is linked to Object 'TRAVEL'.... Can you please clarify/confirm as this is still not clear??? If it should be linked to BOR 'TRAVEL', can you please advise how to do that??

-

This option requires configuration of ArchiveLink

-

Documents are stored in an external repository (defined in OAC0)

(3) ASSIGN FACSIMILES:

-

Linked to Business object 'TRAVEL'

-

Doc types are configured in OAC2 & linked to the Bus. Object 'TRAVEL' in OAC3; then these doc. types actually appear under the 'ASSIGN FACSIMILES' option in PR05

-

This option requires configuration of ArchiveLink

-

Documents are stored in an external repository (defined in OAC0)

-

From a portal perspective, the 'facsimiles' link can be activated on the 'My Trips & Expenses' iview but as far as we can tell, there is no way to actually 'assign' these from the portal. They have to be done either in PR05 or through t-code 'OAOH' and then they are visible in the portal

A couple more questions:

1-If the answer regarding the storing of 'Attachments' is that it can be sent to an external server (rather than SOFFCONT1), then what really is the difference between 'Attachments' and 'Store Business Document'? Which option should be used?

2-We have a requirement to assign scanned receipts at the expense type level. As far as we can tell, this is not supported with the standard solution (unless ones buys the Open Text for Travel licences). Can you confirm?

Thank you so much for your continued replies & your assistance. It is greatly appreciated & will help us toward implementing the right solution for our clients.

Regards,

Jinny

Edited by: Jinny C on Oct 27, 2011 4:23 PM

0 Kudos

also check notes 530792 and 904711 too!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally, thanks for the reply. I was reading the previous thread that you've listed and read the documentation on Storage Within Travel Management (PA-TV), however, in the documentation it says:

Preparation and Customizing (PA-TV)

The system does not include Travel Management-specific customizing for SAP ArchiveLink. If you require information on how to make changes and enterprise-specific enhancements to document types (that are included in the standard system for Travel Management), go to the documentation on SAP ArchiveLink and see special customizing.

I tried to find this special customizing documentation but can't seem to locate it. Would you happen to know where this is located?

Also, in that other thread you talk about scanning vs attachment and in the scanning section you mention it has to be created within TRAVEL. When you say TRAVEL here do you mean a specific transaction or within SAP's Travel module? We have implemented Travel in the Portal, but we also still in some cases use R/3 (PR05).

Do we choose between attachment or scanning or can we implement both?

Thanks so much for the help!

Jinny

0 Kudos

I assume you were looking at the documentation here? (page 241 of the pdf)

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVARLSC/BCSRVARLSC.pdf

but basically there are 2 possibilities for either scanned (using archivelink) or attachment (using the BUS2089 object) and you need to activate the feature OAA via t-code PE03 for TRVPA - set this to 1 so it will be able to use the optical archive.

For the PR05 GOS button, usually you would use the BUS2089 (attachments) function to upload documents and for portal you would use the TRAVEL objects, I will confirm for you but I believe you cannot implement a mixture of both.

Leave it with me to check for the other documentation mentioned unless anyone updates in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Just to update on the feature OAA for TRVPA (via t-code PE03) - if OAA is set to "0" then you will only see attachments to a trip (BUS2089) and if it is set to "1" then you will see both attachments to a trip and also stored business documents

(TRAVEL)

However! If you are using optical archived documents then actually it is hard coded in the optically archived retrieval functional module that you must use TRAVEL so you will need to customize accordingly depending on whether its scanned receipts or attachments.

Will check and update tomorrow regarding the documentation mentioned.

0 Kudos

Hi there

Yes the GOS (services for object) button is what is needed for this in PR05 for sure and for portal you customize this for the iview.

There is a thread on this in the SDN forum from earlier

This should help but take note for portal there are some minimum requirements and limitations particularly for Java and also requirement of at least EHP2 with BP 1.2