cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify openDocument.jsp for correct display in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

we are trying to have some xcelsius dashboard to be delivered to the user via business objects portal. unfortunately the dashboard which has been integrated via URL iView pointing to openDocument.jsp with the DocId from the Info viewer is scaling with the display settings of the user. We want to avoid the scaling and resizing, but rather have scrollbars and a well defined dashboard. Thus we intend to change the css styles of the openDocument.jsp

I wanted to ask you people where to look for the <embed> tag, where the .swf is embeded. I need to change here the height and width to a specific value. All values given from the surrounding frame even from the portal don't seem to influence the scaling.

I expect that the jsp is puzzled together from various jsps and css etc. do you know where to start?

thanks a lot

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in opendocument.jsp page, you will not be able to find the embed tag within which the flash is embedded because, the jsp page does not embed the flash at all.

is it necessary to host the flash in boe repository? can't u host it in the web server itself and embed the flash in a html page and link the html page to your portal ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

unfortunately it is not possible (politically) to use it directly from the server. And yes, I found out that there is a deeper cascading between th eopenDocument.jsp and the cs properties. We found out, that behind openDocument.jsp there is a jsp called View.jsp which is in folder "XCelsius\Flash-View". Within this View.jsp the width/height settings can be done. However, we can't modifiy the original one, we rather want a custom_View.jsp with our needed settings. To do so, we want to copy and modify the original and need that the openDocument.jsp access the copied and modified view.jsp. Problem is, that in the openDocument.jsp there is no path mentioned or visible to View.jsp. It seems that this configuration is done somewhere in the coding. I did a lot of search on command line on the tomcat to find some settings. All I came across are two settings. One in some subfolder PerformanceMonitoring where a jsp is based and one in a xml file in the folder packages of a tomcat subfolder enterprise120

I simply need the connection between the openDocument.jsp to the View.jsp. Please help!

best regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

just as an update, I was successful in the task. It is quit interesting how complicated it seems to be within BO

So what I found out in the end that openDocument.jsp creates a body tag, where it inserts the real html content. This content will be rendered in our case by view.jsp of Xcelsius. The view.jsp itself displays the flash file. In the view.jsp we could find all the settings for display (height, width and scrolling)

In the end what we did is to modify both jsp files in order to take URL parameters. We programmed some Java code in the jsp to behave differently in our usecase. We had three parameters: SPECIAL=true, SPECIALheight and SPECIALwidth. There is a javascript call in the end which created the URL redirect to View.jsp to one of the passed parameters we added a surrounding if/else statement and in case of SPEACIAL=true we added the parameters on the end of the redirect URL parameters. The view.jsp also has a if/else statement reacting on SPECIAL=true to replace the standard height/width with the parameters passed at the beginning.

That means that other use cases still may expect the original behaviour, in our case as soon as we create an iView in the Portal we can add the Parameters SPECIAL... and we can redefine the layout. You could do that to virtually everything in the view.jsp.

view.jsp is in tomcat/webapps/Xcelsius/jsp/Flash_View/

openDocument.jsp is in tomcat/webapps/OpenDocument/opendoc

In case of an upgrade it is over all again needed to replace the sections, but it is in the end a maximum of 20 lines of code required.

Maybe some BO developer may have a look if it ain't possible to reset some look and feel settings, I also saw some hard coded setting in the CSS anyway (Background, alignment etc) Why not put that in a CSS file next to the jsp, would make life much easier for developers and users

Have fun!

Stefan