cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSZDELETE - a Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have executed RSZDELETE deleting all queries that begin with Z, C, and G from UBD and UBQ.

Query Components

Type REP, Object Version A,

Version

All Query Elements,

Transport System

WITHOUT TRANSPORT CONNECTION on

Dependent Objects:

Workbooks, Query Views and BBS Sender / recipient

The transaction worked fine and as expected except it prompted me for a transport request. I had specified 'WITHOUT TRANSPORT CONNECTION ' so does anyone know what the transport request is for?

Regards

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to carry out the "Deletion of Queries" across the landscape (D->Q->P), then its required to create a Transport.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was quick, thank you Suman. But if this is the case should i not see lots of "Elements of the Query Builder" in my transport that point at the deleted queries? I cannot see this when i interrogate table RSZCOMPDIR.

Any ideas?

Best regards

David

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Normally, if you want to transport the Query to other system, then you are required to collect all the "Elements of the Query", then only your Query will be transported properly. Otherwise, transport may end up with "Return Codes".

Do you want to delete the Queries across the systems.....?

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

My instructions are to execute RSZDELETE in dev which i have done and then again in QA. The purpose is not to run transports through the environment. Thus, I was surprised when the transaction prompted for a transport request and curious to know what it has done. I made the error of adding to an existing development transport I am working on.

Your help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your concern, but its advisable to carry out to QA with TR to avoid future inconsistencies between the systems....

Hope you followed me....

Regards,

Suman