cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM/SAINT - OCS package does not match current software component vector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

This could happen on any type of system I suspect, but it is on my Solution Manager (7.01 on Eh1). I downloaded a support stack (27)and was checking the components requirements. I use the Directory box in SPAM, and I go into New Support Packages. I highlight the support package for ST 400 then click on the Queue button. It comes back with this message: OCS package SAPKITL437 does not match the current software component vector.

I click continue and the requirements window comes up. It shows that I have currently loaded the wrong BI_Content. It says: Non-permitted release of add-on BI_CONT installed. The release information is BI_CONT,706.

If I go back to the main window to look at the current package level, I see that BI_CONT component release (loaded) is 704 - sp 8.

I must have gotten very creative when loading that back in 2008. MOPZ was used, but it was before the support stack restrictions were in place on my system.

I can't get around this issue, because even trying to load the Basis support package I get this message.

If anyone has had the problem and knows what to do I would appreciate some help. Notes searching has not found anything. So far my Customer message has not been helpfull, but it is not SAP support .

Pat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

Please, check prerequisites for SAPKITL437 in SPAM.

It seems like you need to install/update some components in SAINT before.

From official note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1274287

"Requirements with component ST400 for SP27

- Support Package 00 for BI_CONT 706 (SAPK-706BHINBICONT)

- Support Package 00 for ST-BCO 400 (SAPK-400AGINSTBCO)"

Additional info: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1169247

Best Regards,

Aleh

Edited by: Aleh Mikhniuk on Jul 20, 2011 1:59 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate both responses, they both saw that I did not look far enough into requirements. I was missing the sp 01 for the BI_CONT level 706. It was mentioned in the note for the Solution Manager upgrade from 7.0 to 7.01, which did not apply at the time in 2008 when I did the upgrade. This was a support pack stack 27 for Solution manager. And that note 1274287 is for stack 27 but does not say to be at BI_CONT 706 sp 01.

A person can be sure that something is missing but amoung the 98 objects that came with the stack, I overlooked it.

My support person was happy to have me spend a week reading notes, it was when I was writing a synopsis to the next level of support that I went into SAINT and chased down the missing pack.

Thank you both.

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

Glad that the issue is resolved and you identified the root cause

Just for these type of scenerios I would suggest that you should always apply Support Pack stacks SPS in your system for patching so that you are sure that all the dependencies are taken care of.

Cherrs !!

Shobhit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

It clearly explains that while updating your support packages you didnt noticed the dependencies of the packages for ST 400

For updating ST 400 component you need to have your BI_CONT on 706 level.

So first please use SPAM/SAINT to update BI_CONT to 706 and then select ST 400 in SPAM to update.

I hope you are clear with the process now.

Regards,

Shobhit Garg