cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why my inbound dlivery not relevant for transfer order creation for putaway

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I would like to make my inbound delivery to putaway using transfer order, however, whenever I am in the inbound dlivery (i.e. VL32N), and trying to perform transfer order (i.e. menu->subsequent function -> create transfer order) , next system bring me to LT03, and later when I hits execute button, system said the following message:

No items or handling units to be placed in storage could be determined

Message no. L3898

Further I notice this inbound dlivery's header processing status two fields (i.e. Putaway => empty value, not relevant for putaway; WM activities ==> empty value, No WM trnsf Ord reqd).

How do I make my inbound dlivery to require to perform transfer order for putaway activity before perform MIGO-GR 101 into the system?

PS: our plant and storage location has been assigned to a warehouse no in config.

Thanks.

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check whether Storag location is maintained in inbound delivery document. or any T.o created.

Rgds,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if your item catogorey is relevant for putway

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi both,

I think both of your suggest are not correct as there is storage location, and the item category is ELN (standard SAP) and the "Rele for putaway" checkbox is flagged.

my question is:

How do I make my inbound dlivery to require to perform transfer order for putaway activity before perform MIGO-GR 101 into the system?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make sure the following

Make sure your Material has been extended to WM1 & WM2 views for Plant/Material assigned to warehouse.

- Plant/Storage Location assigned to warehouse

- Delivery Itme category ELN - relevant for putaway

- Create PO with Confirmation control key Inbound

- VL31N Create Inbound delivery and make sure you have correct storage location at stock placement and save it

- LT03 Create TO

- LT12 Confirm TO

- Vl32N - Do the Post goods receipt

Hope it helps

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik on Jul 21, 2011 1:24 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the 2nd issue, go to stock placement TAB in VL32N and ensure that the storage location is maintained and enter the correct storage location which is WM managed. Only then, the fields will be appearing as WM relevant

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message no. L3898 appears becoause you have not packed the IBD.

In VL32N, Go to Edit--> Pack-> Enter packaging material type. A Handling Unit should be generated automatically (depending on config). Select both lines, click on pack and save it.

Now try to create Transfer Order from VL32N. Hope this helps