cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO vendor acknowledgement process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is to be able to enter the acknowledgements received from Vendor into the system.

I have entered "Confirmations" in the Conf. Ctrl field of the Confirmations tab

After that i have entered the details against the Order acknowledgement key

I have not checked the Confirmation Required checkbox

I have also not entered any details in the Order Ack. field.

I try to create a GR but there is a message that the PO has no selectable items.

The details set in the IMG for Confirmation control are -

10 in the Monitoring field &

Delivery date minus monitoring time under the Ref. Date field.

Based on above i have some questions / doubts -

1. Why am i unable to make a GR

2. What is the function / role of the Conf. Req checkbox and the impact of entry in the Order Ack. field ?

3. What are the steps / process if we want to send reminder to the vendor ?

Can anyone please help and guide on this process

Thanks to all in advance for the help.

Regards,

Laxmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

*1. Why am i unable to make a GR - *Becasue Inbound Delivery Transaction (VL31N) needs to be done before Goods Receipt (MIGO) becasue you have entered the Confirmation Control Key at PO line item level.

*2. What is the function / role of the Conf. Req checkbox and the impact of entry in the Order Ack. field ? - *This is used in case of SAp Standard PO Printout (Form MEDRUCK) - If you activate this a sentence will get printed as "Order Acknowledgement is required"

*3. What are the steps / process if we want to send reminder to the vendor ? - *Search Forum properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

VL31N will be required in case i enter Inbound Delivery in the confirmation control key or is it required for Confirmations as well ?

I have entered the details against the confirmation category - Order acknowledgment - i.e. details of the delivery date and quantity - these details do not have any impact on creation of GR ?

Also, can you please clarify about the print statement - i.e. where would it be displayed ?

I did some changes and have noted that -

1. If i do not enter anything in the Conf. ctrl field, then i am able to make GR directly with ref to PO

2. 2ndly, if i enter the cofirmations in the conf ctrl field and then even if i enter details against order acknowledgement, i am unable to make a GR but if i enter details in 2nd line against Inbound delivery, then i am able to make a GR.

Can anyone explain the difference / impact of the 2 options above.

Regards,

Laxmi

Edited by: Laxmi Ramawtar Murarka on Jul 20, 2011 1:01 PM

Edited by: Laxmi Ramawtar Murarka on Jul 20, 2011 1:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help / guide please.

Regards,

Laxmi

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok here's a brief explanation.

1. The field "confirmation control key" and the other two fields "Confirmation requried" checkbox and " order acknowledgement" work indepently.

Confirmation control key:-

If you enter a value in this field, you MUST enter a confirmation item. What item depends on the key - it can be VL31N delivery, order acknowldgement (AB), Pickup date (PU), etc.

Depending on the key selection and the config settings, you must enter at least one of these.

Nowmally if you choose the SAP default for delivery (is 0001 I think) , then VL31N delivery is needed.

Only then can you do a GR.

From you points 1 and 2 in your post, it seems you have selected a key that needs a VL31N delivery.

2. If you do not work with SAP inbound deliveries, but still need to ensure that vendor confirmation number is enetered in the PO, you use the other two fields.

Have the "conf. req" checkbos checked and ensure that you have a process in place for users to update the "order ack" text field with vendor conf number.

This is essentially a manual process and SAP does not perform any checks (as far as I am aware) during GR to check if confirmation number is enetred. The checks must be in place in the process you follow and any reporting can use these fields.

I am not sure about the MEDRUCK part as most companies tend to have custom PO forms.

Do an F1 and read up the SAP documention on these fields and also check SAP help. They are pretty comprehensive for this functionality.

Reminder to vendor:-

Check the "Delivery" tab.

You have 3 reminder periods that you can define.( 1st Rem./Exped., etc)

A negative number of days means that a reminder is to be issued to the vendor n days prior to a certain date (for example, the delivery date or the deadline for submission of quotations).

A positive number of days means that a letter or message urging delivery or submission of a quotation etc. is to be issued n days after the due date.

Use ME92 to trigger the output based on the reminder days set in the PO. SAP default output type is MAHN. And this works in the standard output determinaiton way with condition tables.

Note that the PO must be outputted at least once for this expediter to work.

Answers (0)