Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP load fails with SQL Error: INVALID_CURSOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Extraction step in DTP load is getting failed with the following error:

System error in program SAPLRS_EXCEPTION and form RS_EXCEPTION_TO_MESSAGE (see long text)

Message no. BRAIN299

SQL Error: INVALID_CURSOR

Message no. DBMAN257

The first datapackage runs successfully. Extraction of second datapackage fails with the above error.

When i perform a reload, DTP is getting loaded successfully. System memory parameters are fine. No dumps/logs are registered.

We are in SAPKW70108. Note: 1519889 is relevant to this issue.

Any other suggestions than 1519889?

Thanks in advance,

Yoga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello Yoga,

In the DTP go to menu -> GOTO -> Settings for batch manager -> change the number of parallel process from 3 to 2 or 1 , SAVE and execute the DTP again.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

M.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Your response worked but could you let me know why did the failure occur and how did your solution worked. I noticed that this failure is happening  at the third process. So i changed to 1 and it worked. Just wanted to know why & how. Thanks in advance.

former_member21257
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Subba,

Please also apply Notes 1491745 & 1637633 if not already done.

Rgds,

Colum

hrsuprith
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Gurus , it worked for me . We were running a - 1 level service pack , and it also surprises me why it was not giving this problem in the other box at the same level of patches being applied.

Glad it worked finally . I did the below :

1. changed parallel processing from 3 to 1.

2. Reduced the package size to nearly half.

Cheers!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Hi,

I got the same error this morning, In our case we had 80000+ data records coming in 2 data packages.
1st Data package was getting completed (50000) successfully but during extraction of 2nd data package we were getting the same above mentioned error.

We tried with  Just changing the Parallel processing but invain and also decreasing or increasing the data package size did not work.
what worked was just the usage of Semantic Groups.

Thanks you all, It somehow took us to the solution

Thanks,

Sonal Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have any filters ( which are getting filled by using ABAP code) in DTP, then try to get this done by using more DTPS with different range of slections.

If the filter in DTP is getting a very big range of values , then we may get this problem, Then in that case we need to go with multiple DTPs with different selections.

Regards,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check the SAP Notes mentioned below.

SAP Note Number: 950964:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_bex/~...

SAP Note Number: 679349:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~...

OSS note 632688 and 768229.

Also find the below thread which helps u.

Thanks,

Gaurav

former_member209728
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

Have you written some kind of ABAP routine or code in the transformation. You can try debugging the ABAP routine if an exist for any issues with the logic or data.