cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset transfer with AC305 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are retiring one asset from one company code w/o revenue, the problem is the accounting posting, because it is default to clear revenue sale to affil. company, and it has to be a P&L account, if I use balance sheet account,

so my question is how to change to the balance sheet account same as receiving company code posting( that one is balance sheet account)

it has below error:

Account MY00-1032990008 not allowed to be balance sheet account

Message no. AC305

Diagnosis

Account MY00 is defined as a balance sheet account in chart of accounts 1032990008. This definition is incorrect for the circumstance Clearing acct.revenue from sale to affiliated comp.

You should note that the Customizing definition of the respective depreciation area also has an influence on the consistency check for the general ledger accounts. This particularly affects depreciation areas that are set up for managing investment support measures on the liabilities side. In order for the consistency check to be correct, it is necessary for you to set the correct indicator in the definition of depreciation area.

Procedure

Change the account definition or assign another account for the given circumstances

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member392819
Participant

Hi Siva,

The system is definitely will show the error. Because, when you are retiring the asset with out revenue, that loss amount will go to P&L account but not to balancesheept. Right?

That's why system is not allowing to enter the balancesheet account.

Thanks

sravankumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is possible, to set balancesheet for offsetting entry, we are doing data migration, how to set migration account in asset intercompany transfer for offset entry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OBA5 and convert that message from error to warning.

Regards,

Sayujya

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OBA5

Application Area AC

Message Number 305

Now make switch off / warning message for online and batch.

This drop down is controlled by transaction code OBMSG. If you want to add further options, then visit this TCODE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through the below mentioned link

It may help you to solve your problem

Regards

Praveen P C