Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COGI-You cannot cancel GR, since inspection lot is already partly posted

former_member207039
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a situation where-in we posted goods receipt (101), then QI (321). However, for some reason, we want to cancel this GR. Hence we cancelled confirmation, but it went into COGI stating the error message "You cannot cancel GR, since inspection lot is already partly posted". We have same batch number for multiple GRs.The previous stocks have moved out of plant. But this inspection lot is not actually partially posted. Can't understand why it is giving this error message.

After the error message,we have used program RQEVAC50 to reverse the stock from UR to QI,which was successful. But still the COGI error remains.We also tried to reverse the stock by MIGO-102, but it again throws error, as king to change the status in QM only.

Can anybody advise on this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since inspection lot is partiallly cleared after GR so you need to reverse that first and then only you can reverse GR.

For GR reversal process go through Following Link :

Also once usage decision done you cant directly reverse it. For reversing UD you need to apply following notes :

Note 1108313 - Cancelling usage decision and lot

175842 - Inspection lot: Reversal of goods movements from UD

Revert in case any doubt / query in case your issue is not resolved.

Regards,

Tejas

Edited by: Tejas Pujara on Aug 12, 2011 11:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this thread:

former_member207039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas/Santosh,

AS I explained, we have already impleted program RQEVAC050 to move stock from UR to QI. So I think applying these sap notes will not help. What i want to udnerstand is, once I bring stock back to QI, it should allow me to cancel the GR.This is because we have been doing it for other materials.

Can you please suggest some other solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you already brought stock into QI, then system should allow cancel material document i.e. reverse GR. Can you provide details of error which you get while cancelling material document in MBST / MIGO???

Have you tried cancelling material document in above tcodes after getting stock in QI??

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

you also need to change the posting date for the COGI record. Change it from original date to that date at which the stock is available. Then the cancellation posting should run well.

Regards, Andreas

former_member207039
Participant

Hi Andreas / Tejas,

I could solve the problem now. Actually, the confirmation qty is same for each confirmation. It is important to cancel the same inspection lot whose confirmation is being cancelled. In this case, the confirmation was cancelled, but corresponding inspection lot was not cancelled. There was some other inspection lot that got cancelled. The operator did not understand which lot to cancel as all the lots had same qty. Later we drilled down the correct inspection lot number from material document of 101 movt and cancelled the same.

To further avoid this delay in searching, we have implemented action to key-in the 101 material document and corresponding inspection lot number in "reason for cancellation" screen, while carrying out cancellation.

Thanks a lot for you help.I am awarding points to you both.