cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSNavigator: Error 503

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a PI 7.1 system. When I try to use Web Service Navigator to access a WSDL URL (with binding, i.e. for an end point from one of the application systems like CRM and Banking Services) I get this error:

Invalid Response Code: (503) Service Unavailable. The requested URL was:"http://host.name.here:50000/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/bndg_0050568F56FE1DDFA7FACE344102AD69/wsdl11/allinone/ws_policy/document?sap-client=100"

This happens both when using "Open selected binding" in SOAMANAGER on the application server (which is configured to use the WSNavigator on the PI system in the global settings) and when entering the URL in WSNavigator manually.

There is nothing wrong with the web service / binding / end point, because I can use the same WSDL URL in the Web Service Navigator on another system (a CE 7.2 system) without problems.

So there is definitely something misconfigured on the PI system. I have searched the forum and help.sap.com and googled like mad, but I cannot find it. Most posts regarding error 503 are unanswered or were fixed by restarting the J2EE server (I tried this, it did not help).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the steps from the following link...

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-how-to-publish-wsdl-generated-from-xi-to-uddi

Regards

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are not using the Services Registry / UDDI and do not intend to use it. Also the same endpoint URL works in the other WSNavigator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced this problem before and it fixed by restarting the J2EE server.

Anyway have a look the following SAP note.. Hope this will help u

Note 1440724 - Addressing server nodes directly in AS Java

Note 1428009 - NetWeaver BPM: Automated Activity Failure at server startup

Regards

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

They do not appear to be applicable.

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The problem was that in one of the systems (the PI) an HTTP proxy was configured (in NWA under System Global Settings) and in the other system (the CE) not. After deleting the HTTP proxy setting, everything started to work in the PI, too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The maximum server threads for ICM requests is usually limited to 5. It the number in many use cases is too small. This leads to "503 HTTP error" responses when multiple users access the server at the same time. Therefore it's recommend to increase this number to 20.

Please see the below link for the detail information..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/45/c8c89bc9f74ebae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Also please check the following SAP note..

Note 1483765 - Publication of full/allinone WSDL URL in Services Registry

Note 1325298 - Web Service Security WSDL corrections

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

The problem also occurs when I am the only one logged into the system.

The notes are already applied.

Other ideas?

Best regards.