Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Alternate BOM in Plant Maintenance

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know the use of Alternate BOM in SAP PM.

Sundar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to create alternate BOM in Plant Maintenance as I have different material nos. So i have no option to avoid to create create two BOMs or Alternate BOM.

Alternate BOM is very useful in Production Module and can be used its functionality like. material BOM seletion on Customer, Dates, etc.

Likewise I have to use the BOM for PM as well. Kindly let me know how it will be useful in PM.

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note: There is no concept of Alternative BoM for PM

Different Material numbers means? Single equipment has been created as / linked with different material? Please elaborate your requirement.

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternative BOM is used to identify one bill of material within a BOM group.

One product can be represented by several (alternative) BOMs if, for example, different production processes are used for different lot size ranges. These alternative BOMs are grouped together in a multiple BOM.

Alternative BOM is used in PP module.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

From SAP Help.

The BOM structure is reflected in the different technical categories of BOM provided in the PM system:

Simple BOM

The first BOM that you create for a technical object or material has no defined technical category and a simple structure. It is described as a "simple BOM".

Variant BOM

Variant BOMs have a more complex structure. They are used to group together several BOMs to describe different objects that have a high proportion of identical parts.

Multiple BOM

Multiple BOMs have the most complex structure. They are used to group together several BOMs to describe one object, for which different combinations of materials are used for different production methods. Multiple BOMs are usually used in production planning and have little or no use for plant maintenance.

Note: There is no concept of Alternative BoM for PM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternate BOMfunctionality is used when you want to maintain two BOMs for a single technical object.

Example: You have some materials which you have exported from say out side the country so you can maintain those as a BOM and also you can get those material from some local vendors too that you can maintain as alternate BOM.

So when you are short with the export quality materials in that you can use these alternate BOM material.

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link

It is mainly used for PP