cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi report gives old data in infoview on refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing this strange issue on a webi report after some data updation in the SAP BW infocube.

The webi report is based on the universe which is connected to an infocube in our BW dev system. After some data updation in the cube, we had tested the report in webi rich client and everything was working fine (the newly updated data from cube was reflecting). Now, we had tested the same report in infoview, but it was showing the old data only. We had tried exporting the report once again to infoview, refreshed universe structure; but without any success.

What appeared to be even more strange was that the last refresh time was also not changing. While running the report in the infoview it hardly takes 40secs. But on refreshing it says the last refresh time was 5mins.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had the same issue.

it was resolved when the database lock was released.

the report will not update with current data if there is update lock preventing integrity corruption.

for my problem the db changes needed to be committed before the lock was released.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun ,

Can you please share what resolved issue ? We have similar issues and I stumbled upon your thread but found it's kind of an incomplete thread .

regards,

Sourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

Did you try to restart the SIA in CCM.

Regards,

Arun Krishnan G

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Is this behavior on one computer or is it on all the computers. I think it is of more browser issue. I assume you have set properties to refres when report opens.

Try other browser or other machine.

Regards,

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bashir,

First of all thanks for the reply.

Regarding the issue; we have tried the same in all browsers and in all machines, still it persists.

This is happening only in the InfoView.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it sounds like when you refresh report in Infoview you get the cached data, it never goes to the DB to fetch new one...

You'll need to enable traces on webi processing server as well as SOFA/MDX tracing and review log files to see if requests are going to db or not and what is being returned.

It could be at webi proc level or at your BW level.

You can also try disabling webi caching in webi proc server properties and see what happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.....

But I solved it through another way...................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can you pls explain how you solved the issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thangavel,

how did you sloved this issue? please share

regards,

Sree