Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing files in Sequence using FTP Adapter

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have searched several forums but i am not clear on how to process the files using FTP Adapter based on Timestamp.

To process the files in sequence i.e, FIFO using FTP Adapter

i have the files with file name customer and timestamp : customer<yyyyMMddHHmmss>

there are around 50 files in the FTP server llike this.

I need to process these files acording to the timestamp and place the files in same processing sequence in the receiver end using the file adapter.

If i specify the parametes in sender FTP Adapter as

Qos= EOIO

Queue name = ACCOUNT

Whether these parameters would do the processing in sequence according to the Timestamp?

Suppose if the queue ID for Inbound(SMQ2) is XBTI0_ACCOUNT then whether it will be the same for Outbound(SMQ1)?

Kindly suggest me how to process the files in sequence according to the Timestamp using FTP Adapter

Please reply..

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a similar issue but my scenario is FTP to IDOC. I want to generate idoc's in sequence order based on source file. So My FTP adapter needs to reading file sequential based on date time stamp. I tried with EOIO and 'additional parameters msecs to wait' but all files picked and they are in scheduled status in PI monitoring. Kindly some one guide me to process files in sequential manner using FTP to Idoc in PO 7.5

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I understand the scenario as (Source folder) FTP -> XI -> NFS (Target folder).

Let say everyday 10:00 AM, 50 files are placed in Source folder. These 50 files have timestamp in file name Customer<YYYYMMDDHHmmSS>. Let say, it takes 1 hour to process all these file and place them in Target folder (randomly processed). Files in target folder will have same file name as source file. Then request target system to process these files based on file name at 11:30 AM. By this way, the order in which XI has processed files is not important.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

By making QoS to EOIO and mentioning the Queue name would not make sure that, FTP adapter would pick the files in the order.

FTP adapter usuely polls the particular source directory in the FTP server and issues command LIST <filename_scheme>, in order to get the file information present in the sorce directory.

If LIST FTP command provides the file names in whichever order (in order or out of order), FTP adapter would pick the files according to the LIST command has provided. Once the file is picked by FTP adapter then it will make sure that this file is proccessed in the EOIO manner inside the PI.

So, To corss check that you can ask your FTP server team to provide FTP server traces and check what is the response to LIST command. Usually it would be ordered one only but you can check with them.

Thanks,

RK

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all to process files in a sequence you have to use NFS protocol instead of File in the file adapter.

The you have the ability to choose from the below;

Processing Sequence (for transport protocol File System (NFS))

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the processing sequence of the files:

○ By Name: Files are processed alphabetically by file name.

○ By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

Based on the above, all you need is to provide a queue name in the adapter and your requirement should be met.

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

>>first of all to process files in a sequence you have to use NFS protocol instead of File in the file adapter.

you mean to say that , First i need to pick the files from FTP server and put the files in App server of XI using FTP Adapter .

and from there using NFS , processing sequence = ByDate i can process the files according to there TimeStamp.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Sai

former_member207622
Contributor
Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

>

> >>first of all to process files in a sequence you have to use NFS protocol instead of File in the file adapter.

>

> you mean to say that , First i need to pick the files from FTP server and put the files in App server of XI using FTP Adapter .

> and from there using NFS , processing sequence = ByDate i can process the files according to there TimeStamp.

>

>

> Correct me if i am wrong.

>

>

> Thanks,

> Sai

yes.

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

But this would require one more additional channel to process

So i think it will take more time to process.

Let me clarify my question once again.

I need to Pick the files from FTP server based on their TimeStamp and in sequence.

the file names are like this Customer<YYYYMMDDHHmmSS>.

suppose i have 3 files as

Customer20050413044534

Customer20050414053430

Customer20050315034533

So i need to pick these files in this order and place the files in the same order to the receiver end(File Adapter)

Customer20050315034533

Customer20050413044534

Customer20050414053430.

As i am using FTP sender adapter i cannot use processing sequence "By Date".

please suggest me on this.

Thanks

Sai.