cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelf Life Expired Material will automatically be transferred to block stk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have purchased a material, RM u2013 XYZ, Qty u2013 5000 kg, Mfg date u2013 01.06.2010 and Expire date is 30.09.2011. The material was received on 25.06.2010. Presently the stock of material is lying as unrestricted type.

I want to know that when the shelf life of the material will be expired, the material will atomically be transferred to block stock. How do I configure the same?

Further, is there any standard alarming system as to know the shelf life of material is going to be expired?

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

I want know that is there any facility of alarming indication of SLED material before 10 days or any time gaps as this will be set in the system , either through mail or this will be automatically displayed in the system with message that u201C the material is going to expired u201C .

Please let me know the system configuration.

Regards,

Amit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. There is no automatic warning system via mail or other faciility to monitor soon to be expired batches.

It is expected that someone is monitoring this as part of their job function using a report such as MB5M.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

On one of our projects we ran the report MB5M in the background and configured it to send an email . Check with your ABAPer he will be able to help you out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry same query has been wrongly posted twice. Please consider any one.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created variant through QA05 as per your attached guidance but one problem is facing i.e. on the date of expiry, instead of automatic lot creation under 09 inspection types, the material is directly transferring to block stock. As long as I am not running t-code QA07 of that material, automatic lot is not creating under type 09. But I want as soon as the expiry date will reach; automatic lot will be created under inspection type 09 and batch of material will be transferred to quality type from unrestricted , and from that u2018UDu2019 will have to be taken . Further, if UD of that material is not taken for specific time system will automatically be transferred to block.

For example, what I have done through QA05 that is explaining, P001 is raw material, batch no a00006 with qty 560 kg, its date of shelf life expire is 30.08.2011. I have created a variant through QA05 as per your guidance and date and time was give under schedule job as;

Date of commencement: 29.08.2011

Time: 12:00:00

Initial run in days 1

On date 30.08.2011, I have seen in T-code MMBE of that material that the batch a000006 has directly posted to block stock. But my objective was that before moving block stock, automatic lot should have been created under 09 types.

Pease guide us how to solve the problem.

Regards,

Amit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that the section of the program (QA07) that blocks the stock runs first. Therefor all "expired" stcok within the time frame specified is moved. When the program runs the section to create inspection lots, it will only take into consideration stock that is in unrestricted stock. Since the stocks have already been moved to blocked stock, there is no stock in unrestricted inventory and hence no inspection lots.

In your case, in the section "Batch status change when expiration date is reached" you need to untick the "Block batch" and remove and values iin "Initial run in days" in this section.

In the section above that tick on "Block batch at inspection date" and maintain a value in "Initial run in days".

This will have the effect of creating lots when the next inspection date falls within the window specified and will move the material to blocked stock on the inspection date.

Keep in mind that this is all working on the "Next Inspection Date" of the batch. Not the expiration date. So you should have a process to keep the next inspection date and the expriation date in sync.

To cover yourself and make sure that batches are blocked if the expriation date is reached, set up QA07 to run again immediately after the above job. In the varinat for this run, tick back on the "Block batch" and set a value in the "Initial run in days". This will then block any stocks missed in the inspection lot creation process above.

Also see the folowing threads which explain the deadline mointoring program. There is a lot of info on this process on the net.

http://sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=334825&p=1016796&hilit=Deadline+monitoring#p1016796

http://sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=250686&hilit=+deadline

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created variant through QA05 as per your attached guidance but one problem is facing i.e. on the date of expiry, instead of automatic lot creation under 09 inspection types, the material is directly transferring to block stock. As long as I am not running t-code QA07 of that material, automatic lot is not creating under type 09. But I want as soon as the expiry date will reach; automatic lot will be created under inspection type 09 and batch of material will be transferred to quality type from unrestricted , and from that u2018UDu2019 will have to be taken . Further, if UD of that material is not taken for specific time system will automatically be transferred to block.

For example, what I have done through QA05 that is explaining, P001 is raw material, batch no a00006 with qty 560 kg, its date of shelf life expire is 30.08.2011. I have created a variant through QA05 as per your guidance and date and time was give under schedule job as;

Date of commencement: 29.08.2011

Time: 12:00:00

Initial run in days 1

On date 30.08.2011, I have seen in T-code MMBE of that material that the batch a000006 has directly posted to block stock. But my objective was that before moving block stock, automatic lot should have been created under 09 types.

Pease guide us how to solve the problem.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either you have to run QA05 every time or you shave to schedule it through QA07.

Now Lot will be created if it falls within a span which you have specified in QA05.You can take UD & block the batch.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you only want to have the batches blocked at the time of expriation and no inspection lots, you only need to set up the 09 inspection type for the materiall. No inspection plans are needed. Do not specify any inspection interval in the QM view of the material, (thus no next inspection date is calculated).

When you run QA05 in batch, you need to specify in the variant the "window" the system looks for batches to block. If you put in "7" it will block all batches that will expire in the next 7 days. You also need to click on "block batch" radio button.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

for this you have to configur 09 inspection type

1) Define Inspection Interval in QM material master view.

2) In QM material master view , inspection setup activate 09 inspection type (tick on active)

3) Make quality plan for that material using '09' usage.

4) In QA05 , define a varient

5) select that defined varient and put that material, plant and batch. please tick on " to inspection lot creation" (in maintain varient screen). If you don't do this lot will not be generated.

6) select the varient and then press schedule tab.

7) click on scedule one / periofically and select the desired frequency.

😎 as per defined frequency system will that program and lot will be generated auromatically. If you want to generate lot immediatly.

9) check the effect of this on that batch, in MSC2N system will display next inspection interval based on data you maintained.

10) In QA32 put material, batch and 09 type, the lot will be displayed.

11) tick on block stock in varient to move the stock to block stock when expiry date will come.

Also refer

T code/Report :

T.code MB5M You can find remaining Self life

or

Execute BMBC --> Go to Shelf - life expiration date tab --> Enter Remaining shelflife in days ,if required select check boxes --> Execute.