Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Characteristics derivation in Integrated Planning

former_member210674
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating IP File upload functrionality. I have real-time cube in which I am using five time characteristics. But I wanted to include only one time characteristic 0FISCPER & 0FISCVARNT in the file. I wanted to derive other time characteristics based on 0FISCPER. As I red from the SAP help portal, there are some standard derivation provided by SAP like 0FISCPER to 0FISCYEAR etc.. But I could not find the way how it can be implemented. Can anyone tell me the step by step procedure on this ?

Thanks,

Gopi R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Time characteristic derivations automatically happen in BI IP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm60/helpdata/en/44/be8b631c743959e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

You can create your functionality on an aggregation level which contains only the one time characteristic and automatic time derivation will happen for all the characteristics for which its provided (look at the list provided in the above link)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210674
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

I have created a File upload planning function in which I included only Calendar Day and Fiscal Variant in the file format. But I included other characteristics also in the aggregate. So when I upload the file with only 0CALDAY it throws error message that Inconsistent time characteristics 0CALDAY,04.07.2010 and 0FISCYEAR,#. Could anyone please correct me if I were wrong.

Thanks,

Gopi R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you have 0FISCYEAR in the aggregation level? Can you remove it from there?

Then it should automatically get derived based on the value of 0CALDAY.

0 Kudos

Hi,

when you run a planning function there is always an aggregation level involved. The system expects that the characteristics in the aggregation level are filled. So the system checks whether the fields in the aggregation level are consistent. In your example the values are not consistent.

Only fields not contained in the aggregation level can be filled using derivation.

In your case, when you have 0CALDAY in the aggregation level (and 0FISCVARNT) the characteristic 0FISCYEAR can be derived, so you should not(!) include 0FISCYEAR in the aggregation level.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Try to use characteristic relationship as a part of modeler.

You can derive basing on master data, hierarchy, DSO or exit class.

Regards.