cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RRI - Jump Target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I have a requirement where i have to Create a RRI in bex Reporting, How can i introduce RRI interface for one query to another. Is BI 7.0 supports RRI ? if so How it will process and works ,What are the settings lieing in sender and Receiver and Assgnment Details. Does Query1 and Query2 has atleast one info object common? what if not.

It would be great if anyone answer

Thanks

Dolly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does Query1 and Query2 has atleast one info object common?

It will work with out a common object also. But mostly the purpose of RRI is for ex: to jump from Bex query to ECC abap query,

or jump from MULTI-DIMENSIONAL query(CUBE) to Detail query (DSO).....

it will work even two different queries from different infoproviders..

Regards,

Ranganath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranganath,

Thanks for the quick Reply. I have created a Report on Top of the Multi Provider.This multi provider joined from two info cubes.Now i have done two reports for individual characteristics.There is no common Data.But if i apply RRI from Query1 to Query2 how it works and if i click on the query1 output in one info object it has to jump to another Query2 and show me the result . OR where i have to apply RRI i m confused..

Thanks & Regards

Dolly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dolly,

For example, Suppose you created two cube CUBE A ( which contains Company code , Customer, Revenue) and Cube B (Controlling Area, Region, Price) . so There is no common column.

On cube A you created query QUERYA

On cube B you created query QUERYB

GOTO>>> RSBBS,

sender>>>CUBEA/QUERYA

REPORT TYPE>>>>BW Bex query

Target>>>> Local

receiver report>>> CUBEB/QUERYB

save it.

after you run the query in analyzer

Right click on the repor>>>> goto >>>> QUERYB. it will jump.

But Unlike the other it will just jump from QUERY A TO QUERY B. But its not jumping into the query w.r.to particular charecteristic.I mean for the respective region you can't find the detail information like product, and billing document, customer.For these thing threre should be common charecteristic.

Regards,

Ranganath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranganath,

This is really very much understoodable. If i do so i.e. jumping from QueryA to Query B as my understanding it will just only jump , it doesnt do anything right? could you please make me understand what it does here in this situation.

If there is a common data .what will happen with jumping option (RRI).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dolly,

You are right, It just jumps from query A to Query B.

But no one will use for that purpose. The following links will help you to learn the concepts clearly.

the second and third articles will help you in which scenarios RRI will helps the Business needs.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6eb89190-0201-0010-89bf-ad46d1503...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/607e63d5-b56f-2c10-718f-8e33a08ba...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0931642-1805-2e10-01ad-a4fbec846...

Regards,

Ranganath

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we can do this from one query to another query,from one web template to another in RSBBS transaction.

It si better to have variables common so when you will enter values of first screen it gets automatically passed onto another query screen and variable screen doesn't pop up.

While jumping from one query to R/3 transaction we can also use ABAP program to pass the parameter into transaction input parameters.

Thanks and regards

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RRI can be implemented in RSBBS t-code. You can maintain Sender and receiver assignments over here. You can jump from the Query to multiple options. It can work without common fields.

You can search for some docs in SDN search.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly,

Refer the below given guide, you will get answer to all your questions,

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/803cf7c5-2794-2e10-8d99-e0affb6d892e]

Regards,

Durgesh.