cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Not getting posted in GL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

i am making a depriciation run for all the asset. The Test run is showing successful. A doccument was created.

But when I am doing a production run. Itis showing successful but the value didnot get posted in the GL account.

when I Checked the Asset explorer (AW01n). it is showing posted for period 5.

Now when I checked the log it gives the following error:

There are errors in the posting run. After correcting, restart the posting run.

No documents were created in this run

Kindly reply.

Regards

op

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Dear Omgupta,

1 ) Please check your settings in OADB whether your book depreciation area is postable to GL, i.e. there should be 1 selected as it indicates Postings to GL in realtime.

2 ) If you have information for already completed depreciation run then please go to T.code AFBP there enter your relevant info and execute, this will give you complete details. AFBP is relaible than any other log detail reports.

3 ) Have you maintained the depreciation & accumulated depreciation account in T.code AO90 ?

Please check all these settings and analyze the issue, AFBP will guide you.

I hope this will help you to solve the issue, If you have any doubts feel free to share - you are welcome !

Regards,

Pankaj A Bhalerao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have already resolved the issue.

The issue was with the doccument nos. Previously the docc. nos range was external for the Depreciation. After migration to ecc 6.0 it was made internal.

The last doccument nos. assigned was already in use. so the system was not able to post any doccument for the same.

Changed the last doccument nos.

Issue resolved.

Regards

OP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the SM37 Log you will find the problem and system will not generate FI entries till your process is error free.

and suggested click on error analysis and execute you will find the list of asset where there is an error.

Read the error and let us know.

it can be because of GL assignment(AO90) or some field missing in Asset master like cost center, plant Business area etc.

Regards,

Shayam

ryszard_belec
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Execute the test run in background and set Error Analysis.

Check the log.

Regards

Ryszard