Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tp ended with error code 0247

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have 3 system Landscape DEV-QAS-PRD.

I had imported request through STMS Extras -> Other Request > Add request in the menu.. When i clicked and select the Particular Workbench Request is not there and I am getting the following error messages:

'Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247'

'Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile'

Note : Not a problem in Customizing Request

Please advice me further.

Thanks in Advance

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are many Forums for the problem you are facing in

Pls check over in SDN

I have attached one link hope its been helpful to you .

Regards

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am unable to see that Workbench Request via STMS path under the Extras--> add list.

I didn't get any error now. But the thing is , already released that Workbench Request, can't findout from the list while executing Import Queue.

Please Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the transport release was successful then datafile/cofile must be there in trans directory.

For your problem, it seems that the DIR_TRANS is not shared for these two systems - the system from where the transport was released and the system where you are trying to 'import' that transport.

In 'release' system's trans directory, please try to check whether datafile/cofiles were successfully generated or not.

Please confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I undestood, you released the workbench request and the release finished without errors.

So ideally the data and co-files should go sit in the corresponding 'data' and 'cofiles' directories in the central transport share.

Could you check on the OS level if the files are there in those directories for the particular workbench request?

If they aren't then while adding the TR manually to STMS Import queue will show you an error.

If you have lost the data and cofiles of the workbench request, then create a transport of copies as Nick suggested and include the workbench request into this transport of copies. This can be released to get the data and cofile again.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank for your information.

After Released the Request was successfully without any error. But the Request is not there under DATA and Cofiles. In between two system I gave the permission and share files for TRANS directory.

when am try to add manually that time i got the above error ( TP ended ).

So please tell me how can i do Transport of copies for the Workbench Request ( from DEV to QAS ).

If any other links,guides or steps, please send it

Regards

Thomas

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand your problem correctly, you released one transport from DEV system and trying to add manually in your QAS system. If this is the case, then I have following questions?

1) Please check transport request should not be a local change request.

2) If it is not local, and you have created transport route correctly, then it should automatically come in QAS queue. Why it is not coming in QAS queue ?

3) If you still want to add it manually in QAS queue, then I think in your case trans directory of DEV and QAS is different. In that case first you have to copy data and cofile manually and then try to add transport request.

Please check all above points and then let us know the result.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Sunny's suggestion, do not forget to check the permissions of data and cofiles.

Those should be owned by sidadm:sapsys.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

1) Please check transport request should not be a local change request.

It's a Local Change Request.

2) If it is not local, and you have created transport route correctly, then it should automatically come in QAS queue. Why it is not coming in QAS queue ?

3) If you still want to add it manually in QAS queue, then I think in your case trans directory of DEV and QAS is different. In that case first you have to copy data and cofile manually and then try to add transport request.

TRANS dir will be same in DEV and QAS.

Now please tell me How to move Local change Request from DEV -> QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to what Sunny mentioned,

To check which directory is transport directory on DEV and QAS systems:

- goto STMS on the respective system

- Overview -> systems -> Select a system and press the Display Configuration

- Goto tab Transport tool.

- Here check value of parameter TRANSDIR

Most probably the TRANSDIR value is different in the two systems. The data and cofiles should be either in both the trans directories (DEV and QAS hosts') or else you should have a central shared trans directory.

To create transport of copies:

- Goto se01 on the DEV system, create a new request with type transport of copies

- Once this request is open, use the option to include objects from a request. Here give the request as the workbench request you initially intended to release

- Verify all objects from the workbench request have come to the transport of copies request

- Assign it a target system and release

But seeing the situation now, looks like you have seperate trans directories and hence you do not see the files in QAS system. Check the OS path as mentioned in TRANSDIR of the DEV system. The files should be there.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

To move local transports : Transport of Copies

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=172487

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I had checked value of parameter TRANSDIR was same as DEV and QAS.

Now I can try to move via Transport Copies as per your advice.

Thanks

Thomas

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it is local change request, that is the reason you are not able to add as no data and cofile is present. Now, make sure that transport route should be defined correctly otherwise again it will generate local change request.

And transport it with transport of copies as suggested by others.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you perform a transport of copies?

Google/Search SDN with keyword TP error 247

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Now I have to move Workbench Request only. But when i am released the request from SE01 and again add to Transport request to Import Queue, from the list is not showing the Particular Request.

Please tell me