Error 1 when loading external data

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i upload the data by .csv ,i got the error:

Error 1 when loading external data

Message no. RSAR234

Diagnosis

<b>Error number 1 occurred when loading external data</b>:

1. Error when reading the file (access rights, file name, ...)

2. File size or number of records does not correspond to the data in the control file

3. Error when generating the IDoc

4. File contains invalid data (errors with an arithmetic operation or data conversion)

Procedure

Check whether you have the required access rights and whether the data in the control file is correct (file names, record length, number of records, ...). Correct the data in the control file if necessary and check the data file for invalid data (values of the wrong type, values in the wrong format for conversion exit,...). Check whether the file has headers that have not been specified.

-

and now <b>all the infosources</b> that upload the data with .csv get the same error.

what should i do?

Message was edited by: LION SHAW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lion,

Hope you are not loading using process chain while keeping the file in a local PC. This will not work.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

to DINESH LALCHAND:

i do not use the process chain ,and when i do use the local pc upload the data ,i got the error .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lion,

Check the format of data in the CSV file, this kind of problem occurs if format in the csv file mismatched with the fields used in the datasource/transfer structure tab in infosource.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Only other thing then would be the data column mismatch with the transfer structure as pointed out already. Try to do a file preview from the infopackage. Check separators as well.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

to Kedar Patil

i get the error when i preview from infopackage .

i do not understand that all files (differet datasource) that i upload got the same errors,include the files that i have uploaded succesful .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LION SHAW,

I Faced the same problem some time before. The problem was with the mismatch of the field type. I had used only chars for one field and was uploading Char/number. When i change the field type, it allowed me to go ahead with th loading and i loaded the data successfully. So please check each and every fields data type and try to match it with what ur loading.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siriram k

now all the data source uploading the data from .csv get the errror ,<b>inculde these have uploaded succesfully</b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what was the problem? could u pls update that as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same error. <i>Error 1 when loading external data from a flat file</i>. I didn't now what was wrong with it. We started to make some test and try the solution we read here but the error continued, and it finally worked when we changed the name of the file, and <b>got rid of all the blanc spaces in the name</b>.

I hope it works for you too.

Regards.

Message was edited by:

AltimBW Astral

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that the following is done.

1.The file is closed

2.The file path specified in the infopackage is correct

3.Data in the file is in uppercase( When Lower case checkbox is unchecked in Infoobject maintenance).

4.Values for Time Characteristics should be of the defined format. For example, Calendar day (if exists) should be of the format yyyymmdd in csv file.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the errror 1 wehen loading data indicate that the <b>csv file was not closed

when extracting the data</b> so see that csv file is closed before extraction

pls assign pointif helpful/

Former Member
0 Kudos

i do check the path .and when i upload the data ,i have closed the file. THE structure of the file is the same of the the struture of the transfer . THE data in the file do not contain the invalid data .

-

and now the infosource which have uploaded the .csv succesful get the same error when i upload the data that i have loaded before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lion,

And also Make sure to close the .CSV file while ur loading

regrds

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to checking the path also check to see if the user id that is pulling the data from the file source (if its an app server) has the requisite authorization to do so.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

How can I verify id my user have authorization for this?

Your help will be very appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If Im loading the file from my local PC, does I need authorization for this too?

How can I check it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lion,

Wwelcome to SDN!!

Error 1 indicates that the system is unable to read the flatfile. Check the path in the infopackage and also no. of rows to be ignored, etc..

Bye

Dinesh