cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order should be blocked based oldest open item ?

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus ,

Sales order should be blocked if there are any open item for more than one day ( if the payment not receieved in one day ).configured the required setting in OVA8 screen in credit management .

The configuration settings :

Credit check- Static - C ( like A + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded)

Odest open item : D (Like B + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded)

Days oldestItem : 1

But system is not blocking sales order even though there are open item .Please suggest me where i'm missing in my settings*_

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

you need to be very careful here,

do not count the number days simply available in OVA8 & except a block to be available in the next day. add this date with the Payment terms days

suppose if in OVA8 if the days maintained are 15, & if the payment terms is 30 days, the new sales order created on 16th day will not go for block,

Logically you are giving the customer 30 days of time to pay, but you are expecting blocks on the 16 th day.

so it will apply only on the 46th day.

Regards

Ilango

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ilango,

Thank for your reply

The configuration settings :

Credit check- Static - C ( like A + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded)

Odest open item : D (Like B + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded)

Days oldestItem : 1

Payment terms : 1Day ( New payment terms created )

Now system should check oldest item and block the sales order on 3rd day ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

yes any new sales order created on day 3 will be blocked.

if you are talking about the sales order which was created earlier, no they wont go for a block, unless & otherwise you disturb(increase) the price elements in the old order by increasing the qty or customer price.

meaning this is similar to the change in any master data u make, this will not affect the existing sales order & will impact only the new ones.

thanks & Regards

Ilango

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi IIango ,

I created new sales yester day with payment terms immediate due paynet , 1 payment for different customers .This is done after going through your reply and Dalvinder reply.

Thanks for reply

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

am talking about the payment dates that was available in the sales order which was responsible for exceeding the credit limit at the first time & not about the newly created sales order.

Thanks & Regards

Ilango

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi IIango and Davinder ,

I did the testing as per my earlier reply with payment terms for one customer with immediately due net and for second customer one payment terms but system till not blocking for creation of new sales order .

Help me out where i'm missing in this particular scenario.it will be very helpful if you can elobarate the required setting to made in FD32 and other areas too.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you test by creating the sales order, delivery and billing on the same day it is not possible for the systemn to determine the number of days old.

After creating the sales order, delivery and billing.

Change the system date to tomorrows date.

Now create the sales order system will block the creation of sales order as the "Days oldest item" has crossed 1 day

Check in OVAK whether the order type has been assigned D Automatic credit check

Check whether you have assigned the sales area to credit control area

Also run the report RFDKLI20 in SA38 and check

I tested its working for me

regards

Prashanth

Edited by: Prashanth@SD on Sep 8, 2011 11:17 PM

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth ,

I created sales two days back and tested after that only .

I have some confusion on oldest open item in OVA8 screen , Is system going block the sales order based number maintained in that particular field

O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

YES if you have maintained then it will active from tomorrow onwards

IF you maintained 1 in oldest item and created a order today and delivered and billed. Now if you create another same day it will allow.

Now change the system date to tomorrow and create a sales order now system will give an error message.

regards

PRashanth

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth ,

Is system going block the sale order based on oldest open item days maintained in OVA8 screen or system going to consider customer payment terms + oldest open item days maintained in OVA8

What are setting need to be done in OVA8?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

First check in FD32->envoirement->line item->credit area and also in company code,it will give you the list of open items for your customer,is there any open item there?

Not sure,but check that your erlier order are delivered and billed to the customer,Only the payments are left to be paid by customer.Because i think the system only considers the billing documents in oldest open item.Prosess the document till billing and then create a new sales order with oldest open item due for the payment.You should also change your system date to future say 10days and the create a new SO.As i checked in my system all the open item document apearing are billing documents.Credit update group which comes by default in OVA8 controls the checking of open orders,deliveries and billing depending upon which credit update group is used,also the open orders and deliveries in other credit check are falling under sales value in FD32.Please check and varify this.

Also this is my question to the seniors that what type of documents checked during the oldest open item check.I will open a new thread for this.

Thanks,

Davinder

Edited by: davinderpalsingh on Sep 9, 2011 11:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tested with 1 day in OVA8 and the payment terms as immediate.

For the first sales order you to run the complete cycle upto billing. then only the info structures will be updated.

regards

prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Your settings in OVA8 seems to be ok.Still check feild Status/Block is checked in OVA8.

Please go to T code FD32->Evoirement->line item->in control area and check the open items and arears.In your case arear shoud be 2 then system will block the order if it is 1 or less than 1 means 0 or in minus then system will not block the sales order(minus value of arrears means how much time left for payment).Note:system calculates total time for oldest open item from payment terms+the time you mentioned in OVA8.say if your payment terms are 30days and you put 1 day in OVA8 then system makes it 31 days after which the SD documents will be credit blocked if that document is still open.If all above is ok then check your sales document status at header level and see if the credit check is performed or not.If performed then check in table VBUK with your sales document no. what type of check is performed.

I hope you whould have checked it already.Correct if wrong please.

Thanks

Davinder

Edited by: davinderpalsingh on Sep 7, 2011 3:28 PM

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Davinder for your Promot reply , i will check the same and let you know the same .

Regards

Venkat