cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR Workflow - BUS2105

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a basic scenario, when PR is created work item is sent to approver. Before approver takes a decision on the PR, user changed the PR at the changed event is triggered, now I need to handle this scenario. In this case old work item should be logically deleted from Approver Inbox and new work item should go to approvers inbox.

How to do this?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

Edited by: Sriram Ponna on Sep 12, 2011 2:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the STEP 'Process Control' to handle this scenario. In Control choose the Function 'Cancel Work Item' and in the work step choose the activity which places the workitem in your inbox.

Prior to this step use a condition which will decide wheather the change event is triggered and hence cancel the prvious work item.

Regards

Anik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please clarify me one point, should I use both events(RELEASESTEPCREATED & CHANGE) in the same workflow ?

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be done but you will have to decide, if the process flow fo the WF for both the events are same with similar approval levels then you can. But I think you will have to take a call on this.

Regards

Anik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not use both the events, this will lead to creation of a new instance everytime you change your workflow and also it would create 2 instances everytime when your release is activated....

Regarding your logical deletion of WI is required as you asked for your initial post, if you are using WF somewhat like standard workflow... you don't need to worry if you are using some other design please explain...

Regards

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a customized workflow, when work item has been sent to the approver SAP Inbox with user decision, user takes a decision from Inbox itself by clicking on the approve or reject button. Therefore I cannot use the standard Workflow.

I have created a custom workflow with the RELEASESTEPCREATED it is working fine, now when user changes the PR details before approver has taken the decision, I need to delete logically the initial work item from the approver inbox and send the new work item. But when I switched on the trace (SWELS) Change event is not getting triggered.

I have SWEC transaction to add the event but when I change the PR all the three events mentioned below are getting triggered.

RELEASESTEPCREATED

RELEASED

CHANGED

Could you please let me know how to do this?

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I remember correctly, this should work already in the standard PR workflow.

Take a look for example to WS00000038. The approval step is waiting for the changed event. If it the event is triggered, the workflow will end. Then make sure that a new workflow is started (=when changed event is triggered, start a new workflow (in SWETYPV)).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But I am using BUS2015, I am not looking at Item wise release, as a whole PR release.

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>But I am using BUS2015, I am not looking at Item wise release, as a whole PR release.

Ah, sorry I missed that. Well, you can get the idea from the example. Or you can take Anik's approach. Actually you can also take a look to the header (="hat") of the workflow in WF builder and look "Version dependend" -> "Events". There you can set up the changed event to cancel the workflow. This is basically the same solution as Anik's but without the additional process control step.

Regards,

Karri