Error 7 occurred when generating the data transfer program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

In Master Data Load Process Chain , we get error like

1. System Response

Caller 09 contains an error message.

Diagnosis

Error 7 occurred when generating the data transfer program for the requested InfoSource.

System Response

The data transfer is terminated.

Procedure

Check the SAP Support Portal for the appropriate Notes and create a customer message if necessary.

Note : We faced this issue for two days now . Just repeating the load make it success .

If any one faced and fixed this issue . Please let me know .

Thanks in advance .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

. Initially goto transaction SE38, Run the program RSDS_DATASOURCE_ACTIVATE_ALL. Give your Datasource name, and source system and check the check box for "Only Inactive objects".

This will actiavate the given datasource.

2. Replicate the datasource in RSA1.

3. Try to schedule the infopackage for the datasource which you have activated now.

4. IF infopackage runs through, Repeat the process for all datasources ie uncheck the check box, which means it will activate all datasources for the source system.

Also make sure that there will be enough Back Ground Processor available....

Reduce the parallel process

-

Thanks

BVR

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issues I have faced when Basis back up process is running or sometimes all the processes were blocked in background.

You can just postpone the time say 5 min here and there and check whether your issue is getting resolved.

Also check with basis if there is any TRFC full issue or connection broken from source system?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran ,

Thanks for the reply . Your response seems to be on target it seems as you faced similar error .

Points you mentioned I will address to Basis Team here . But if you remember what steps Basis took when you faced this issue to solve the problem will be of great help to us .

Thanks ,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share thoughts if any one worked and rectified the issue which is posted here .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please search forum before you post any thread,

In your case you will have to use program RSDD_RSTMPLWIDTP_GEN_ALL, put the name of your Infocube and mark both the check boxes. Execute this program and then try running your load again.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durgesh ,

Thanks for reply . But as posted its a Master Data Load and not to Infocube .Already searched before posting this .

Regarding "Error 7 occurred when generating the data transfer program for the requested InfoSource" did not find respected response .

Please suggest if any inputs .

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to activate your transfer rule with RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL and then check.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durgesh ,

Only worry for raising thread is ..

As of now I have not replicated data source and not activated the Transfer Structure using Program .

When the Load failed with Error we just replicated the load and it was success .

If any issue with Replication or activating the transfer structure then load should not finish post repeating .

Thanks ,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to activate your transformation using program RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE and then try the load

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venky ,

"Error 7 occurred when generating the data transfer program for the requested InfoSource" error will not come if

we activate transformation using program RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE ?

But how come repeating load is making the load success .

If issue regarding activation of transformation there then how load was success .

Thanks ,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I agree with you, seems to be strange issue. I would rather suggest you to raise ticket with SAP and check why is that happening?

Even before you do that are you running other chains in parallel to this load or any other program, it might happen that because of other factors this load is getting failed at first attempt and when you repeate it is successfully completing.

Try to execute this process chain standalong when there are no other loads running in the system.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Edited by: Durgesh Gandewar on Sep 14, 2011 10:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durgesh ,

Thanks for the response . Yes there are parallel loads going on .

I mean few Process Chains are running in Production Landscape at same moment .

I think possible factors - Unvailability of Processes !! Please suggest if more inputs you have .

Thanks ,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process unavailibility could be the reason and at the same time more than one load is trying to update the same target and one of the load is getting failed.

So as to come to any conclusion first you try to execute this load standalone in the system and make sure that there is no issue with this particular load but some other system factors are impacting this load.

Regads,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durgesh ,

There are some fixed schedule on which these Process Chain runs .

And I think when run separately it will complete . Can I ask basis to look at this issue ?

Or we have some points from our side on which we can have a look .

Thanks ,

Rahul