cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'To Generate this document, first define the numbering series in the Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the 'Permit more than one document type per series set'. The Numbering Series has been created and the Series assigned to the Ralated Documents with the 'Default Series' Set as default for all users.

When you then open some documents you get the error 'To Generate this document, first define the numbering series in the Administration module' and the status line error of:

Error Description :Item - Invalid Item [66000-3]. Form Unique Id: 'F_112','Item Unique If: '38'

Has anyone came accross this error? If yes how was it resolved.

Looking forward to your replies

Best regards

Earl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Earl,

Users need to have authorization for Series under Administration.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

This error was encountered under the manager's login who is a superuser.

Any other thoughts?

Best regards

Earl

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did not you forget that the generated journal entries will have the same series as the source documents and have you assigned these and set default for these too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

As indicated some of the numbering series work and some do not. Very strange as the same setting process was followed.

Best regards

Earl

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check whether there is add-on being used for the database?

If yes, can you please try and checking the issue by stopping the add-on and see whether the issue is appearing or not?

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitin,

Yes, there is an Add-on, but I have tried several permutaions with it on or off and the situation remains the same.

An example of the error is that I can create a Journal without any problem. However, when I try to create a GRPO the error message is displayed and you cannot add the GRPO because a numbering series is not defined for the Journals.

Best regards

Earl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Earl,

If you are using the managers account and you have already assigned a numbering series for GRPO and JE

Can you post the exact first,next and last number created by your Numbering series(for both JE and GRPO)

Regards,

Darius Gragasin

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for being unclear, I was actually talking about the error other than numbering series one. Does it appear if you stop the add-on?

regarding the document numbering error when trying to open the GRPO, check the following link and the last one which explains the

"To generate this document, first define the numbering series in the Administration Module." :

[Landing Page|https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000671252009E]

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect the setting of series for journal entries. Is the series assigned to the GRPO also assigned to the journal entry?

Answers (0)