Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the system variants automatically available in all systems ?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created a system variant starting with a CUS& for using in a transaction. This variant is available in all the clients and is working fine in the development system.

My worry now here is that while i was creating this system variant in development system, i was never asked to create a TR. So when i will transport my program to qulaity and then to production, then will this system variant also be transported along automatically along with the program or not? Or do i need to do something extra so that this variant is available in the production as well.

Best Regards.

Sakshi Dogra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Run the program RSTRANSP and enter the program, then execute , select variant. assign the TR of the report

[Please see|http://www.abap-tutorials.com/2010/02/11/transport-variants-of-an-abap-program/]

Shiva

6 REPLIES 6

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Yes|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c0/980389e58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/content.htm], you need to assign it to a workbench request when you create one (in dev box with transport activated client it will automatically pop up workbench request window) and import it into production to make it available in production box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Run the program RSTRANSP and enter the program, then execute , select variant. assign the TR of the report

[Please see|http://www.abap-tutorials.com/2010/02/11/transport-variants-of-an-abap-program/]

Shiva

0 Kudos

Hi,

The program RSTRANSP does not seems to work for system variants starting with CUS&.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Sakshi,

You need not worry about the system variants starting with CUS&. They will be transported automatically along with your report program.

Thanks,

Kush Kashyap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakshi,

I worked with System Variant once and faced same issue. It didn't get transport along with Program for which it's been created.

As far as I experienced, RSTRANSP doesn't work for this System Variant.

To include this System Variant into the TR, you can do the following:

1) Open the variant in Edit mode

2) Enter Selection Screen values

3) Click on "Attributes" (Top Left)

4) Try Saving it.

5) New window will pop-up asking for TR.

6) Enter the required TR number.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Justfun87

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

The system variants can be transported alone as sub-objects of type LIMU VARI, they are automatically included in a transport request, except in one case : When the main object R3TR PROG is already in one of your transport request, then you wont be asked for a transport request, and the sub-object will be transported with the full object (as do dynpro, menu, texts, source, etc.)

Regards,

Raymond