cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Number Confirmation Window Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some setting in SAP BO 881 PL 05 has recently changed. My cleint is unable to print multiple checks and Check Number Confirmation Window does not open or it is missing

Windows 2008

happens on all workstation to every user in Company Database

Does NOT happen in OEC Computers

Print a A/P check:

· Normal process u2013 use the payment wizard

· Go through the steps

The last step the printer is suppose to return a message and a form, asking u201Cdid the check print correctlyu201D. the form stopped appearing and the first check will post without warning or confirmation, then the balance of the checks need to be run one at a time. The checks post properly, but we cannot print multiple checks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ann_karan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Try going to Forms Settings>Banking>Expand Banking Menu and see if Check Number Confirmation box is checked.

Next, try going to Admin>Setup>House Bank and scroll all the way to the right and make sure Lock Check Printing is unchecked.

Thanks

Ann

robert_joesel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try this,

there is a programming error, the fix is per user here are the steps.

Modules--->Banking--->Outgoing Payments--->Checks For Payments

at the bottom of the screen to the right of the CANCEL button is a check box Print on Blank Paper

this needs to be unchecked. and for that user batch printing will now work correctly.

this has to be done user by user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to ask if Check number confirmation menu is also missing under Banking module?

By default check confirmation will appear after printing. What is your previous version before upgrade?

Regards,

Darius Gragasin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darius

thanks for the quick response

In response

"if Check number confirmation menu is also missing under Banking module"

YES it is there, but is does not work

"What is your previous version before upgrade?"

In this case is, there is no upgrade, always been SAP 881, as far as we can tell someone made a change to a setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if check number confirmation is disabled, can you go to admin>setup>banking>housebank accounts and check for unusual behavior of the banks under this form.( please make sure that the field Lock check printing is unchecked)..

Hope we can solve your problem ASAP!

Regards,

Darius Gragasin

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Note No. : [1059752|https://b1-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1059752] and see if any settings problem in your case as well.

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darius,

We followed your logic but the issue still remains, just can't get those prints to print. thanks for helping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitin

We have looked at notes 1059752, 1524113, and 1308565 to no avail. Thanks for your advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a client with the same issue.

After telling the checks to print with the payment wizard, he gets an error message "No matching records, 'checks for payment' (OCHO), 131-183.

After this the confirmation window does not come up and all the checks are automatically marked as confirmed. As he has had paper jams, printers run out of ink, it is a major problem.

john_treweeks
Participant
0 Kudos

Danielle,

I am with a customer and we are experiencing the same problem and agree that it is fine up until a printer jam etc. then its a major issue.

I can log in as manager, print a cheque and the confirmation window appears.

I log in as the user and print a cheque but i get the error message "no matching records,'checks for payment' (OCHO), 131-183). I then navigate to the cheque confirmation window and the window shows cheques that manager has printed, but none that the user just printed! odd.

The user is a superuser and limited financials. but i swapped him to a pro licence and experience the same issue.

Did you find a resolution / note?

customer is at 8.82 PL06

thanks

John

robert_joesel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

try this

there is a programming error, the fix is per user here are the steps.

Modules--->Banking--->Outgoing Payments--->Checks For Payments

at the bottom of the screen to the right of the CANCEL button is a check box Print on Blank Paper

this needs to be unchecked. and for that user batch printing will now work correctly.

this has to be done user by user.