cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch to batch results transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a following requirement in process industry.

For the semi-finished item inspection type 04 is activated.

For this item batch classification will be activated. After doing the standard QM cycle, results will be updated in the batch and same can be viewed through MSC3N.

Let's say that the batch number of semi-finished item is 0001 and having a MIC named X.

My requirement is, this particular MIC X from the batch 0001 has to be transferred to another batch say 0002 for the finished item.

For the finished item, there will be no inspection type activated.

Only the batch results of semi-finished has to be transferred to the Finished item,

Kindly let me know how to map this requirement

Regards

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for your response.

I have maintained the following settings for batch derivation.

1.Create Sending Condition Tables

2.Create Receiving Condition Tables

3.Create Sender Access sequence

4. Create Receiver Access sequence,

5. Sending Condition Type (Strategy type)

6. Receiver Condition Type (Strategy type)

7. Sending Batch Derivation Search Procedure

8.Receiver Batch Derivation Search Procedure

9.Define the Batch Derivation Event

10.Creating Sending Condition Records or Sending Batch search Strategies

11.Creating Receiving Condition Records or Receiving Batch search Strategies

12. Actual derivation

Here the Material 37 i made as sender material and 46 as receiver material.

During the usage decision of the material 37 i am getting the message " Pull derivation performed"

But when i go to DVMAN - Manual Derivation of Batch data, and perform derivation i am getting the following message

"No strategy records found for batch 37 1000 0000000724

Message no. VBDRV051"

Please help me out and advice where i am missing the settings or configuration

Thanks and Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added the sender and receiver material type in txn code DVS1 and DVR1.

Now the batch values are getting transferred, no issues.

But i am getting the following error message while running the manual batch derivation through DVMAN "Warning rule "No empty sender fields" broken for attribute DEN

Message no. VBDRV029"

How to avoid this warning message

Regards

Hari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure.

Is DEN one of your characteristics on the batch? It sounds like is expecting to find a particular value to transfer and not finding it.

Does the sender batch have this value populated?

FF

PS> Congrats on reading the documentation and experimenting with it and getting batch derivation working!!!! It seems so few consultants are able, (or have the desire ), to do this. You have no doubt learned this so much better than having someone give you point by point procedure. I know when I answer posts, I am sooo... much more willing to spend some time on an issue, or with someone learing, when I know the person has been proactive in their research and reading of existing documentation. So many questions are the same questions over and over and a simple google query can find the answer already out there. Nice going!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Is DEN one of your characteristics on the batch?

Yes DEN (Density) is one of the characteristics on the batch

Does the sender batch have this value populated?

Yes sender batch have this value and also i am getting in the receiver batch.

Also for your information i have maintained only this characteristics (DEN) on the batch. Dont know why the warning message is coming.

Thanks and Regards

Hari

PS>

Thank you very much for your message. It was really a motivation for me. Off course as you said i have learnt this much better by experimenting many things. Thanks for your idea on Batch Derivation and it solved my problem. I appreciate your valuable time spend on this and expect the same from you in future. Once again thank you very much

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the manual process, try two tests.

1) use a receiver batch where you have already manually populated the DEN characteistic via MSC2n

2) use a receiver batch where you have viewed the DEN characteristic in MSC3n and verified it is null.

See if you get the error in both cases, or just one.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

I am getting error in both the cases.

Now i am having another problem.

Is there any way so that the receiving material gets updated with the source batch.

My requirement is the SF batch number should get updated in the finished batch as source batch number.

I know if we enter as Characteristic Value manually in SF batch and same will get updated in Finished batch after batch derivation.

Is there any option, so that it will update automatically so that errors can be avoided.

Thanks and Regards

Hari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I followed the last question.

I think you are saying is that you have an existing SF batch and a FG batch. In some cases, the SF batch does not have a batch value when the FG is created. Then when you update the SF batch with the value, you want to automatically update the FG batch without having to do the manual derivation. Is this correct?

If it is, then no. You have to manually run the batch derivation in that case. The idea is that the FG batch is not supposed to created until the SF good is totatlly tested and released. But that is not always possible, especially if you pre-assign batch numbers to orders.

You might poke around and see if after the batch update you can find a user exit that upon saving the SF batch it would either launch the manual batch derivation transactoin for the user or perform it in the background. This could be very hard to code since one SF batch could be used in many FG materials. So if you do this in the background you will need to devise a scheme as to which materials this should be used for. If you use any generic batches this could be a very difficult thing to control.

As far as the earlier warning message, I'm not really sure why you are seeing it. My next step would probably be work with a programmer and run it in debug mode to see if you can find the source of what is triggering the warning. (and let us know when you find it!!). You might also want to do a search in OSS to see if there is any mention of the message there.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Actually the situation is like this.

I will create a sales order and run the MRP. Based on that planned orders will be created for both Semi finished item and Finished item.

For the semi-finished item inspection type 04 is activated (In MM02 QM view -Control of Inspection Lot Creation "An inspection lot for an early goods receipt inspection"

After confirmation of the semi-finished process order, goods receipt happens and i will do result recording and usage decision.

After that, finished item will be confirmed and comes to sales order stock.

Now i will run the batch derivation manually for the finished item and the batch number of the semi-finished item should get updated in the batch of finished item after carrying out the batch derivation.

I would not be using any user exit and i will do only manual derivation. Hope the question is clear now.

Regarding the warning message i will follow your advice and update once it is through.

Thanks and Regards

Hari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now i will run the batch derivation manually for the finished item and the batch number of the semi-finished item should get updated in the batch of finished item after carrying out the batch derivation.

Ok, I'm still not sure I follow this. i'm not sure why you say the batch derivation causes the batch number of the SF good to be updated in the batch of the finished item. Batch derivation is to copy characteristic data. Where is it copying the batch number to?

It sounds like maybe what is happening is that your batch-where used list is not being update and your expecting batch derivation to do so? How is your batch where used list updated? Is it in real time or via a batch job? If you are using batch derivation, you should probably have the where used list updated in real time.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

problem solved

Batch-where used list is getting updated now and entire details can be seen in MB56. Also instead of Manual derivation i changed the derivation condition during "Goods receipt of Process order" so it is happening in back ground.

Actually the client requirement is to display the Batch of Semi-finished in Final batch. They want to get updated and see in MSC2N. So i created a Characteristic data and during results recording they will enter the batch number manually (in semi-finished) so that during batch derivation the value will get updated in final batch and they can see the source batch from which it get manufactured.

Thanks for your response and am closing the thread

Thanks and Regards

Hari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to do a manual batch entry.

On the semi-finished batch create characteristic that references field MCH1-CHARG. Call it SF_batch. Make it a hidden characteristic.

This should contain the batch number of the SF material.

This can then be sent to the FG batch via batch derivation.

I haven't worked with this for quite a while. You might need to set up an intermediate characteristic. Call it SEMI_FINISHED_BATCH. Use variant config procedure assigned to the characteristic in the batch classs to copy the value of SF_batch to SEMI_FINISHED_BATCH. Thsi can also be a hidden characteristic.

Now put SEMI_FINISHED_BATCH characteristic in the FG class. Use batch derivation to copy SEMI_FINISHED_BATCH to SEMI_FINISHED_BATCH.

Now no manual update should be required.

FF

Answers (0)