cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Create the Connection in Universe using JDBC drivers option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam using ORACLE DB.Can i create the connection using JDBC Drivers in ORACLE instead of Oracle CLIENT.If yes,how can we proceed ?please explain the steps.

Regards,

Swapna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Here are the steps:

Step 1:

Make sure that the necessary JAR files are installed/ copied on your BOXI 3.1 Enterprise Server. If you want to configure JDBC connection with other databases like Sybase, DB2, Informix etc copy the necessary JAR files from the machine where you have installed the Database server. These are needed for JDBC connectivity and are not available in the installation folder of BusinessObjects Enterprise. Navigate to Install drive:\BusinessObjectsEnterprise\common\4.0\java\lib\MetadataEngineTestslib Ensure that you have JVM installed on the same machine. This can be done by appending the following path to the system environment variable PATH. Install drive:\BusinessObjectsEnterprise\javasdk\bin To verify whether you have configured the correct JVM, go to Command Prompt and type javac. If there are suitable options listed for javac option this indicates that JVM is properly configured. For JDBC connectivity with Oracle 9i database we only need ojdbc14.jar file. For SQL Server 2005 we need three JAR files msbase.jar, mssqserver.jar and sqljdbc.jar

Step 2:

Modify the jdbc.sbo file in the following location Install drive:\BusinessObjectsEnterprise\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\jdbc.sbo

Paste the following entry in to the Oracle 9i section under the <JDBCDriver> tag.

Please note that the XML syntax is case sensitive. <ClassPath><Path>Install drive:\BusinessObjectsEnterprise\common\4.0\java\lib\MetadataEngineTestslib\ojdbc14.jar</Path><Path>Install drive:\BusinessObjectsEnterprise\javasdk\bin</Path> </ClassPath>

Step 3:

Create a JDBC connection in universe designer with the correct credentials:

Step 4:

Test the connection and create a universe from the classes and objects.

Step 5:

Save and export the universe to the repository. Desktop Intelligence reports with universes created from JDBC connection are not supported as this functionality has been deprecated since XI 3.0 and onwards. We can only create Web Intelligence reports and Crystal Reports with JDBC connection.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You very much John.It is so informative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, John!

Thanks for ur guide.

Unfortunatly I can't see created JDBC connection in Connection Wizzard.

I tried to do teradata jdbc connection.

<DataBase Active="Yes" Name="Tera JDBC">

<JDBCDriver>

<ClassPath>

<Path>C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\terajdbc4.jar</Path>

<Path>C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\libtdgssconfig.jar</Path>

</ClassPath>

</JDBCDriver>

<Parameter Name="ENCRYPTDATA">ON</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="CHARSET">UTF8</Parameter>

</DataBase>

What wrong?

Regards,

Artem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How can one create a SSL connection to Vertica database from UDT with JDBC driver?  It seems UDT cannot do JNI nicely because I put the cacerts in JRE/security folder which I did not think UDT picks up.  I am using BO 4.1 SP7 on Windows 2012 server.

Thank you,

-Quoc