cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center Substitution - Intercompany sales

Former Member

Hi all,

I have a situation where we are making a sales, but since the material belongs to a different plant, 2 invoices are generated - intercompany invoice and customer invoice. The problem is that the profit center on the customer invoice is not showing up (it shows up on the intercompany invoice).

I am trying to use a profit center substitution for this, but can't get it to work. I have a very simple user exit as a test that changes pcasub-prctr yet this doesn't work. (it is activated in 0KEL)

FORM U901.

Data: s_pcasub type pcasub.

s_pcasub-prctr = '401'.
MOVE s_pcasub-prctr TO pcasub-prctr.

ENDFORM.

Please advice, thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Thanks Ajay

In the end I used a user exit on a profit center substitution.

You can specify PCASUB-PRCTR and it will update 'profit center for billing' on the sales order. This will populate the customer invoice profit center

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you detail out your process in steps i.e. which company makes the SO, what are the next steps, etc

Did you ensure that material masters in both plants have PC in them or does the Sales Order have PC in it? 0KEL works to populate PC in the sales order

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The SO takes the profit center from the material master right now (PC is set for both plants). In 0KEM, there is a user exit which should change the 'profit center for billing'. It should copy the value from 'profit center' all the time to this field, and therefore no prerequisites have been set

From my understanding, populating the 'profit center for billing' field will populate the 'profit center' in the customer invoice.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I know, 0KEM changes the PC in Sales Orders and not in billing

For Billing, use Exit SDVFX008

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

From reading note 815972, It seems like they are saying to use PCA substitution to fill the field 'profit center for billing' (found in the account assignment tab - item level of sales order). However as I mentioned, I'm not sure how to get this PCA substitution to work..

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you update PC in the Sales Order, the same gets passed on to billing... For that 0KEM is the right place..

You can build in conditions (Prerequisites in 0KEM) like: If Plant = XXXX and Dist Channel = YY and Div = ZZ, then PC = ABCD

If that logic is not sufficing, then you need to use exit.... Activation needs to be done in 0KEL....

The note says, create 2 substitution rules in 0KEM 1 for Field PRCTR and another for PCTRF

If you use exit, it asks you to use PCASUB-INT_*

br, Ajay M

Edited by: Ajay Maheshwari on Oct 4, 2011 8:04 PM