Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Command Error while changing directory in SAP App Server/Access Issue??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's

I am trying to fetch files from External FTP Server and trying to place them in a specific folder in Application Server. My SAP App Server is UNIX based.

Called HTTP_SCRAMBLE

Called FTP_CONNECT

Called FTP_COMMAND

* STEP 1: TO GO TO EXACT FOLDER IN THE FTP SERVER* 

Called FTP_COMMAND and passed the command

CD <Exact Location in FTP Server> 

* STEP2: TO CHANGE THE DIRECTORY IN SAP APPLICATION SERVER WHERE FILES HAVE TO GET SAVED* 

Called FTP_COMMAND and passed command

LCD <Exact Location in Application Server>  

*STEP 3 :TO GET ALL FILES* 

Called FTP_COMMAND and passed command

mget  *    

In STEP2 where I am trying to change the APPP server directory I always get a FTP_COMMAND Error , SY-SUBRC = 0.

In Command Prompt if i try connecting to the FTP server again in

LCD <Exact Location in Application Server> 

I get an error saying the file not found.

I also checked my READ WRITE DELETE Access by calling Autority check and looks like I have all access to the Folders in SAP APP Server.

Is it an access issues? Unix command Issue? or SAP APP Server path issue? I had been searching hard in forums but was not of much help.

If some one can throw some light on this issue it would be of great help to me and others having similar issues.

Regards,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which type of FTP (RFC) connection are you using?

Max

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which type of FTP (RFC) connection are you using?

Max

0 Kudos

I am using standard SAPFTP

dest = 'SAPFTP'.

*Connect to FTP server
  CALL FUNCTION 'FTP_CONNECT'
    EXPORTING
      user            = user
      password        = pwd
      host            = host
      rfc_destination = dest
    IMPORTING
      handle          = hndl
    EXCEPTIONS
      not_connected   = 1
      OTHERS          = 2.

0 Kudos

Jessica,

Try with dest = 'SAPFTPA' instead of SAPFTP.

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes Arseni is right

SAPFTP is ftp for presentation: so your pc

SAPFTPA is for application

(so that can explain your error: you are trying to download the file in a path of your pc, but that path doesn't exist)

This is not the rule, but the basis (or SAP) are use to call like above: if you want to make sure:

Run transaction SM59, node TCP/IP: here you can see how those RFC destination are defined

Max

0 Kudos

hi Arsin & Max,

Thanks a lot for help. Now it works. Is there a way I can unzip the files when getting them and also sett he mode to ASCII?

Also will there be similar issues in Test and Production Server in terms of File paths etc?

Can I hard code the Application server paths in Dev? will they be same in test and prod? What other issues do we encouter delaing with FTP's

Regards,

Sam

Edited by: jessica sam on Oct 11, 2011 6:39 PM

0 Kudos

Hi

I know there are several standard classes (like CL_ABAP_ZIP) but I'm not sure if they can unzip the files, you can give a look in the forum,

Else you can create a script or an external command

Max