cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide/close SAP Easy Access triggered from SAP Transaction iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have created a SAP Transaction iView. After i clicked the link, a words document will pop out. Follow by the SAP Easy Access. The problem is i only wish to let user see the word document and not the SAP Easy Access. As the sap easy access is used to process the word document. Hence is there anyway to hide the sap easy access from user?

Pls advice. Thank in advance

Regard

gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

There is no way you can avoid the SAP easy access when you are using the transaction iView. Because whenever you are executing the transaction iview, it always login via the SAP GUI and then only execute the transaction that is specified in the iView. So this SAP Easyaccess screen will always load.

Thanks,

mahendran B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thks for replying. I was thinking of that too. But wanted to get comfirms.

Can it be done by using IAC iview? Or do u have a better suggestion.

I need to display in word documents, the data are retrieve from the backend.

Pls advise. Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always create a internet service for the transaction you are going to use and this same service name can be used in IAC transaction iview. When you Use IAC transaction iview, you will not get the SAP Easy access screen.

Thanks,

Mahe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How can i create a internet service and using IAC transaction iview? Do you have any guides or steps to follow for the setup. Sorry i have no experience to portal environment.

Thks

Regards

gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this [link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e046cb5c-711a-2a10-95a9-81b365901b95?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true] for your requirement...

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

I have follow your link for the setup. But the word document from my transcation just didn't pop up. What has happened?

Under the Define Service, the service type i select is "ITS based service"

Under the Define Resource, i have paste the link to "URL of PCD Page"

For the GUI Configuration

~TRANSACTION "xxxx"

~NOHEADEROKCODE "1"

~GENERATEDDYNPRO "1"

The portal Iview configuration i leave it as default.

What has i miss out? I tested the transaction and is working well in SAP Transaction IView, the document pop up. In IAC IView the document is not shown anywhere.

Pls advice. thank in advance

Regards

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the document specified, they have created the ITS service name same as the transaction code. so they have provided the transaction code while creating the IAC iview. PLS check whether your IAC transaction name in iview property matches with your serivce created in SICF. Also try testing the service in SICF and check whether the document gets open.

Also is there any error thrown while executing the IAC iview from the portal>?

Thanks,

Mahe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Below are all my check:

- IAC transaction name in iview property matches with my serivce created in SICF

- I tested the service in SICF, the word document dont pop out

- No error while executing the IAC iview from the portal

Strange thing i discovered.

When i enter the transaction code in ECC eg.ZHR111, the word document pop out.

When login to portal and click on the iview, it show Start SAP Easy Access button. I proceed to test further. At the SAP easy access, i enter the same transcation code ZHR111. Nothing happened, the page remain the same and the word document didn't open.

The question is why i use the same account name to login to ECC, the document pop out. With the same account name login to portal and access the backend, the doc dont open ?

Help. Thks for advise if i miss out some configuration.

Regard

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Just forget about the Transaction iView. Now the issue is with the service created for the transaction in SICF. If it works fine while testing the service then it will work from the iView.

What is the error msg you get when you test the service in SICF?

Also what is the user name and password you have provided to test the service?

Is the user name or ID in portal and Backend are same?

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendran B

You are correct. The user name or ID in portal and Backend are different. This is my mistake. I assume the SICF configuration is okay and working. As this account do not have information for display. Error msg is "record not found". So this is alright.

However when i switch account which contain information and test it in the portal. The document didnt pop out. Now i need to focus on the iview transcation. A default page is shown with the button "Start Easy Access". Is there anyway to make the content page blank? I dont have user to click any button. Empty page will do....Any solutions?

As above 2 problem

1) Portal the document dont pop out

2) need a blank content page.

Thk alot for your help

Regard

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi,

To summarize your problem, When you are running the transaction iview, previously you were able to open the document but now its not happening,. pls confirm. I am quite confused with your reply.

Thanks,

Mahe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm sorry to cause the confusion. Using SAP Transcation iview, i can open the document. But now i changed to use IAC iview, the doc cant open. Reason to change the iview type is i don't want user to see the SAP easy access which is auto pop out in another window. So someone has suggested me to use IAC to solve this problem.

Hope i am clear now. Thk for your constant help.

Now i looking at IAC as the doc cant display. Second, any setting to achieve a blank content page?

Thks

Regards

gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something to recify

I have double check the same account in ECC and portal, the SCIF test service can't display the word document.

Strange and annoyed part is that there in NO ERROR. The word document simply dont pop out.

I have followed strictly on this link to configure IAC:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e046cb5c-711a-2a10-95a9-81b365901...

Do i need to setup Internet Service in transaction SE80? This is not mentioned at the above guide.

Setup Internet service:

ANything i missed out to let the word documents to pop out? Does the gui configuration need to add more parameter?

Pls advise and helps

Thk

Edited by: gary1983 on Oct 14, 2011 11:11 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have missed the step 1. Below link will guide you in creating the step one object. Follow this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/46/668d4b72255de4e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

0 Kudos

HI,

Ignore my above link. Sorry. Follw the below mentioned link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/70/579509a7c611d3961700a0c94260a5/content.htm

Thanks,

Mahe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try the step1 on monday. Will let you know the result again. Thks for all your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created the internet service SE80 as advised from the link. I have saved publised the the internet service. The word document still did not pop up. I noticed that the Topic 99 has no subfolder. Do i need to create a HTML Templates for the word document? If so, what are the codes needed for the HTML and Javascript to display the word document?

Thk again

Regards

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check whether you have followed this step correctly.

6. Select the Type of Internet Service.

You can specify the type of Internet service depending on the programming model you want to use to implement your Web application. In general you can choose a programming model that is screen-based or screen-independent. If you use the screen-based model, you should choose the type Screen-based application and then enter the transaction code of the relevant SAP transaction. If you only want to generate HTML templates for some of the screens in the SAP transaction, set also the flag ITS Mixed Mode. For more information, see Using Mixed Mode.

If your Web application is for a programming model based on the flow logic that is not screen-based, you should select the option for a Flow Logic-Based Application. You can also enter the name for a Start template. In this case, the corresponding template is generated once the Internet service has been created.

Also make sure that the z - internet service name you have created matches with the service created in SICF.

Thanks,

Mahe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahe

Under Create Internet Service, I don't see Flow Login-Based Application.

It only have Internet Service input box, Transaction Code input box and a checkbox for ITS Mixed Mode.

Strange, why is it so?

Thks

Regards

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

I hope, for your scenario MIX UP mode is enough and no Flow logic is needed.

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried with the ITS Mixed Mode with default setting, it cant show the MS Word. I not sure if it needs a HTML Templates. Do you know why the Flow Login-Based Application is missing?

Or is there other missing step i not done?

Thks

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure why is it missing. And I dont have depth knowledge in Internet service . Sorry. But try whether the iview is working or not with the provided tips and ideas.

Thanks,

Mahe B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried both the iview and the scif, can't work. I searched the forum, since like no one has posted on subject for missing Flow Logic-Based Application. Thk for all your help all this while. If you manage to find information for this, pls update me. Thks. Meanwhile i will continue to search and will update this thread if i can solve it.

Thank alot!

Regards

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do a final check for the issue.

1. The service created in the SICF may fail to execute if there is no enough authorization. Check whether the user detail you use to login for testing the service via SICF has the authorization for the transaction.

When you test the service what is the exact operation is happening. For example any URL opens or browser is loading for long time etc. I need the exact explanation of what you see in the screen.

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Also compare the properties of the standard SAP service created under the location where you have created with the service you have created.

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

Answers (0)