cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoXi 4.0 Where to download Upgrade Management Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We just installed BOXI 4.0 and would like to migrate our data from our existing XI3 system to XI4. I understand the Upgrade Manager Tool is what is required. Does anyone know where to get this? I heard that it was part of Client Tools, but Client tools does not include it.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Siu Bobby,

I am new to upgrading after completion of the upgrading objects are where will store in sap bi 4.0 environment

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upgrade Management Tool (UMT) is not a client tool. The GUI version is only available as windows BI40 server install as it uses server-side components while upgrading objects.

To get full functionality, you will need to Install the BI40 Server products on a supported Windows 64-bit server platform. This will install UMT which can use different server-side services which are installed on the server while upgrading objects.

Note: During the course of the upgrade, on the UMT server, all locally-running programs such as SIA and web-application servers can be stopped as the server is meant for UMT use only

Regards,

Nakul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I do see it now as part of the BI platform installation.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Nakul Mehta,

Can you provide any links for documentation for reference on client tools.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh Kumar.

vamshidharmitta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the link for the documentation for various BI tools( including Client tools)

Business Intelligence – SAP Help Portal Page

Also there is lot information on SCN for each client tools.

Thanks,

Vamshidhar