cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post a VOID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It seemed like this worked at one time for us .. but now we are unable to post a VOID. I heard their might be an OSS note .. but I cant find anything. Has anyone had this issue? Or does anyone know the trick?

Thanks in advance,

B-

Edited by: Brandyn Richmond on Oct 18, 2011 10:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a payroll result is voided, you mean you have not paid to the EE...then why do you need to post it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The payroll is reversed creating the VOID.

You need to post it, to correctly adjust GL.

Edited by: Brandyn Richmond on Oct 20, 2011 3:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The term "Reversed" means if the payroll posting and third party is already happened, then you wanted to revert the payments that you have made to the employee. DD/Check is stopped manually by you. Then you revert the payments SAP Payroll will set the flag as "Reversed".

The term "Void" is used when you have not done the posting or 3rd party and you have stopped the check/DD manually.Then when you revert the payroll check in SAP, system will set the flag as "Void"

In the first case when the subsequent payroll runs/adjustment check is processed the gross to net will be recalculated from prev period to current and when you post the adjustment check/next payperiod thats when the system will reverse the posting of the prev period automatically.

In the second case there is nothing to be posted as Gross to net is now invalid. No posting required.

Edited by: Amosha on Oct 20, 2011 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I found it.

For anyone interested... copy process model SAPUSOCV (via PEST) into custom naming and setup variant in RPUOCB00 .. then view results in H99LT52OCG.

B-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost there ....

The process above created the posting doc ... but ....

I am still getting an error message "posting period XX-2011 not open".

Has anyone had any experience posting VOIDs?

Any help is appreciated.

B-

Former Member
0 Kudos

This process model works when you done the payroll posting and the 3rd parting is not complete.

You have to explain your problem more elaborate. Rather being abstract!! Try to save everyones time please. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the document will be in "incorrect status" . Delete the incorrect document. Contact Acounting team to open the FI period posting period XX-2011 . If they open it...post it again.

If cant open then delete the document that was created. Update the process model variant for posting with today's date in Manual Posting Date option. Save the vairant , check and activate the process model.

Then execute the process model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amosha,

Sorry if I was vague .. and thanks for your help.

Thats the problem I am having. FI will not open closed posting periods.

How do I "Update the process model variant for posting with today's date in Manual Posting Date option"?

B-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ive createed a copy of process model SAPUSOCV.

The process model includes two steps.

(1) Program RPCIPE00 variant SAP&OC_US

(2) Program H99_POST_PAYMENT variant SAP&OC_US

Should I create custom variants in those programs and set 'Default Posting Date' = Manually (today)?

Hmmm, I shall give it a try.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Create a variant for RPCIPE00 program and set the "Specify Posting date" option to Manual , set it to 10/01/2011 and click save the variant button.Call it "Reversal" and before you save the variant...scroll down in the "Objects for Selection screen"...

and in the "Manual Posting Date" row..move to right side and set the current date variable option using "Selection Variable" and "Name of the variable input" options. This will always default the current date.Now save the variant.

Come out CIPE program. Now access the program and select the variant "Reversal" it should default today's date.

2. In your custom process model. Now update the variant for RPCIPE00 to "Reversal".