Thanks for your help

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should replace the entry 'hostname -s' in startsap with the hostname vom application server under /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe.

And it works.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

cdpro => /sapmnt/SID/profile

cdexe => /sapmnt/SID/exe

I'm able to start sap using the old kernel.

I think, i used the standard procedure of upgrading the kernel.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I execute cdpro and cdexe as sidadm, but both give no result.

Other idea ?

Thanks

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after executing cdpro or cdexe you have to see which directory you are by pwd (present working directory). Which directory you copied your kernel binaries ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you haven't done the kernel upgrade properly. Please restore your system using your old kernel backup and see whether you are able to startup the system. And then follow the standard procedure of upgrading your kernel.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajeshkumar for your reply,

Start-, Instance- and Default profiles are still in /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile with the right SID ,instance number and hostname.

The unique chnage made is the Kernel, I copied the new kernel in the exe directorie after saving it..

Are there other thinks to check ?

Thanks

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Login with sidadm and execute cdpro and cdexe and see which directory you are. it seems you have permission issue.

Regards,

Subhash

rajesh_kumar71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile and check the INSTANCE profile name , it should be in the pattern

<SID>_DVEBMGS<nn>_<HOSTNAME> .PFL

similarly for Default should be DEFAULT.PFL

for Start profile should be START_DVEBMGS<nn>_<HOSTNAME> .PFL

if it was different replace it with your SID ,instance number , hostname or replace the old INSTANCE profile

regards,

S.Rajeshkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please some one could help to solve this issue..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Please navigate to the path where your instance profile is located and ensure that instance profile is available physically there.

=> Profile SID_DVEBMGS00_hostname is physically there under /sapmnt/SID/profile. Start and Default profiles are als there.

2. Validate that it has proper permission.

=> Permissions are 644

3. Check the PATH variable of user <sidadm> and ensure that it has entry for the FS location that contails the profile parameter file.

=> Also OK

Thanks

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Please navigate to the path where your instance profile is located and ensure that instance profile is available physically there.

2. Validate that it has proper permission.

3. Check the PATH variable of user <sidadm> and ensure that it has entry for the FS location that contails the profile parameter file.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB : Release 11.2.0.2.0

SAP ECC 6.0

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which OS is this ?

Thanks