cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database connection failed to allocate HENV......Error in DS Desinger open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem while opening DataServices Designer client.I could able to login into the CMS system, but when I am selecting a Repository and click on 'OK', I am getting an error saying P"Database connection failed to allocate HENV, required to perform any ODBC operation. This usually occurs due to insufficient memory. (BODI-1112172)."*

If anyone have ever faced similar issue, or you know the solution, please do support me.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaraju polanki,

I066899

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PedroFernandes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaraju,

This issue is related to the DB client. I should double check the database client install and configuration where the Repository manager and/or the Designer is installed.

There is a KBA covering this problem. Check it out.

https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1615554

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Pedro

former_member196113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I just installed DATASERVDESIGN02_0-20007461.exe so I should have the latest odbc drivers. Any other idea, we get the following error:

ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <10.102.1.25> failed: <[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]Invalid connection.>. Notify Customer Support.

Br

Steven

PedroFernandes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

This is a connection error with the database server that not necessarily means an ODBC driver issue. When exactly is this error occurring: adding the repository to the Management Console; logging into the Designer; running a job?

If you are running Data Services 4.0, there are some new features regarding the Designeru2019s database repository connection. Let me know if this is the case.

Some tips:

Iu2019m assuming your database server is a SQL Server. You have to test connectivity between 3 components (if they are deployed in separated machines):

1) Test connectivity between Designer machine and database server: ping hostname and try to telnet the SQL Server port.

2) Test connectivity between Job Server machine and database server: same thing here, ping hostname and telnet database server connection port;

3) Double-check the connection information you feed Data Services with: database server hostname or ip address, correct connection port, and username/password for database connection.

Hope it helps,

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I was facing the same error.

The resolution was to add your OS user to the user groups created by DB2 client installation.

DB2ADMN

DB2USER

Regards, Mayur

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

echrun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Run as Admin worked for me as well.

elijah_ng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try "Run as administrator" when running the Designer. That solved the problem for me but my database is DB2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run as admin was a solution for me too.