cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reading header and Unable to read path error messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the must recent update of Java is causing me some problems. When I try to run my applet, either with updateGrid or refresh, I get the following error: Error reading header. If I then press the refresh button on the applet, the data comes back fine. Additionally, if I open up the MII workbench, create a new IRPT, browse for either the query template or display template, and select one of the available templates, the following error shows up in Log Viewer: Unable to read path.

As I've said, this seems to have started since Java updated itself Monday morning. It is only affecting my PC, as other PCs are running the programs fine. I am running Java Version 6 Update 29. My MII version is 12.1.8 (build 24). Has anyone seen this before and/or have any recommendations on how to fix it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes we are on the same build and we are experiencing the same issue , it also affects MII combo boxes.

Only current fix I can Give you now is what we did, roll back to Java 1.6 build 27.

Hopefully some one can give us a better answer from the MII team

Regards

Edited by: Morne Theron on Oct 26, 2011 10:05 AM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John/Morne,

Please open CSS tickets for the problem. As you know we do not control the content of Java, so there are limits to what we can do proactively.

Thanks,

Mike

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

We are facing the same issue. Any resolution on this from SAP?

Thanks

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As recommended, I am trying to get an OSS note created to get this fixed. At this time, I have not been able to since I don't have authorization to create them on behalf of my company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

JRE change the security stuff with the version >= 1.6.0_27. What you can do is, to include in the java.policy file the following line

inside the:

// default permissions granted to all domains grant {

permission com.sun.deploy.security.SecureCookiePermission "*.some.site.com:80-", "listen,accept,connect,resolve";

The file you can find under the folder "../Java/JRE6/lib/security".

Hope this will help you.

BR

Pedro

Edited by: Pedro Iglesias on Oct 31, 2011 11:36 PM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the fix that Pedro provided. An SAP Note is being created, but will take a few days to grind through the system.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some1 tell us note number ?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have been in touch with the developers and they agreed that Pedro's fix addresses the problem. They also said they would either post the note on this thread or pass the number to me for me to post it.

It has not been completed nor has it been released yet.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep in mind this change to the policy file needs to be made on ALL clients that are running JRE 1.6.0_29 and will be accessing the MII applets.

Also, if you have both 32-bit and 64-bit JRE installed, you'll need to modify the java.policy file in both versions as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution that provided on the link was not successfull on me.

What i did so far as follows,

Following 2 strings added to the java.policy

permission java.util.PropertyPermission "com.sap.xmii.protocol.ProtocolReaderException", "read, write";

permission com.sun.deploy.security.SecureCookiePermission "<mii_host>:50000-", "listen,accept,connect,resolve";

But it did not work. I still getting same error. That's why i asked for SAP note.

Even if i add AllowAllPermission, it did not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have installed jre (ie 1.6.29, 1.6.25, 1.6.24). Be aware that which version is running (java console tells you that). Because what i did wrong is that even latest jre installed on my computer, jre 1.6.25 was running that i Enabled 1.6.29 that policy settings that i ve already done(mentioned by Pedro Iglesias) was successfully worked and the problem is solved.

Thank you for your help.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP Note has been released and is number [1649526|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1649526].

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Jeremy Good on Nov 7, 2011 9:05 AM

Added direct hyperlink to SAP Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the problem too.

The difference is that the applet shows "no data available" in page.The JRE of this pc is 1.6 update 29,when rollback to a version of 20 or 11,it is ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone post a copy of their java.policy file as an example? We are on Java version 30.

Thanks in advance!

Answers (0)