Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use Error DTP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When do we need to use Error DTP?

Is it related to editing the psa data and then reload this?

I have edited some psa records as the source information is wrong format. But I not sure having done so, should i next use Error DTP?

There is no filter in Error DTP. What filter is it based on? The DTP from which it is created?

Which requests is this Error DTP pulling from?

regards

Bass

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When do we need to use Error DTP?

When you know there can be some records coming from source system which are not in right format and data load may fail because of that, you should opt to load data with error handling in your DTP. This way valid records are updated to target and error records are stored in Error Stack.

Now you would like to correct these records and load to the target, so you will create Error DTP which will pick up records from the error stack of main DTP.

Is it related to editing the psa data and then reload this?

Yes, using error DTP, you can correct error records in PSA and then load it to the target.

I have edited some psa records as the source information is wrong format. But I not sure having done so, should i next use Error DTP?

if you used error handling while loading data from normal DTP, now you will need to use error DTP to load error records.

There is no filter in Error DTP. What filter is it based on? The DTP from which it is created?

it picks up data from error stack which is filled on the basis of filter in main DTP. So you would not need to apply any addition filter. If needed, you need to put that manually in Error DTP (I am not sure if we can do that or not)

Which requests is this Error DTP pulling from?

error DTP gets data from error stack and for each DTP there would be a unique error stack table. So an error DTP is related to a normal DTP. All the requests loaded via that normal DTP will have error records in error stack and error dtp will pull all the records from error stack (i.e. you can load data using normal DTP throughout the week and then in the weekend, you can run error DTP to load the error records.)

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pathak and Gaurav,

Thank you for enlightening.

To further troubleshoot the problem, pls consider my existing staging :

R/3 -> PSA -> DTP to DSO -> DTP to Cube

In the DTP monitor, I clicked the error stack and the system says Request DTPR_nnnn is not available. Not sure what this means?

My error comes from loading incorrect capitalisation in the data when loading from DSO to Cube via DTP.

Should I correct the data in PSA or in the DSO?

Should the Error Dtp be using the DTP from DSO to Cube since that is where the error is detected?

But the wrong format also exist in PSA.

I edited the PSA and click save. The status of the records becomes like a DSO icon.

I then loaded to the DSO using a new DTP with full load and selected the record.

It looks correct in the DSO active table.

But I then loaded using a normal DTP to cube, the same error is shown which perplexes me.

I also tried an Error DTP from DSO to cube. It picked up no records.

Please enlighten further . Really appreciate your help.

Best regards

Bass

Edited by: Bass Aton on Oct 29, 2011 6:12 AM

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi.

first you should change dtp setttings that loads data from dso to cube-change in dtp as option to--Valid rec update request green ,& then delete error req from cube

,so in this way correct records will be loaded to cube without error.then u can see incorrect rec in error stack,,,correct these rec and update via full update mode to cube.this should work.

i hope this helps

thanks,

pathak

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you click on the error stack and there is no data available, it means there are no error records.

If you correct data in PSA, it will correct the data in active table of DSO but in change log table of DSO, you will still have error reocrd as before image and if you are doing a delta from DSO to Cube, you will still get the error message.

Now you can do two thinkgs

load full from DSO active table to DSO

(ii) In DTP from DSO to Cube, select the error handling as Mr Pathak suggested and after the load, click on error stack > correct the error records > run the error DTP > it will load the error records to the cube.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

yes error dtp is basically means of correcting error data in bi 7.it is always created on same dtp.

so when any error records occurs where you have dtp setting:reuqest red ..so it will give you error records in error stack

intialy delete this req from target and change dtp setting to update valid records ...so the correct rec will be updated to target and error rec will be in error stack.now you can use error dtp to edit the rec in error stack and upload it.

i don't think there are any filters here in error dtp ,if you want you need to put manually

i hope it helps...there are also many doc on error dtp..

thanks,

pathak