Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add a column to an itab via ENHANCEMENT-POINT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add a few ZZ field to MB52 report. I found Enhancements for modifing field cat.

ALV uses the "Header" itab in MB52. So i have to change this itab. I found an EP ("ENHANCEMENT-POINT RM07MLBS_01 SPOTS ES_RM07MLBS STATIC.") in the RM07MLBS (MB52 source).

But the itab defined above, so i can't modify its defination. Is there any way to change "header" itab?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Follow below mentioned steps to achieve your functionality.

1 ) Append field catalog for header itab by creating implementation in enhancement point "ENHANCEMENT-POINT RM07MLBS_01 SPOTS ES_RM07MLBS STATIC".

2 ) Go to FORM list_output. At the beginning of Form create a implicit enhancement and copy and paste whole code of FORM list_output into this implicit enhancement.

3 ) At the end of implicit enhancement put a check "CHECK 1 = 2" so after execution of code in your implicit enhancement cursur will not execute next line in FORM list_output and it come out from FORM list_output.

4 ) Now create a new internal table which having fields same as HEADER itab + your Z fields and pass this internal table into FM to display report (REUSE_ALV*) which is available in implicit enhancement and display (In FM replace HEADER table with new internal table).

Hope you understand.

Thanks,

Vijay

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Follow below mentioned steps to achieve your functionality.

1 ) Append field catalog for header itab by creating implementation in enhancement point "ENHANCEMENT-POINT RM07MLBS_01 SPOTS ES_RM07MLBS STATIC".

2 ) Go to FORM list_output. At the beginning of Form create a implicit enhancement and copy and paste whole code of FORM list_output into this implicit enhancement.

3 ) At the end of implicit enhancement put a check "CHECK 1 = 2" so after execution of code in your implicit enhancement cursur will not execute next line in FORM list_output and it come out from FORM list_output.

4 ) Now create a new internal table which having fields same as HEADER itab + your Z fields and pass this internal table into FM to display report (REUSE_ALV*) which is available in implicit enhancement and display (In FM replace HEADER table with new internal table).

Hope you understand.

Thanks,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Very good. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Gurkan,

Have you tried it. Is it working ?