cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal Server Error for just one user on SAP portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just one person is getting 500 Internal server Error as shown below.

" 500 Internal Server Error

Failed to Process your request. Please contact your system administrator. "

The user is getting this when trying to click on Leave Request in ESS (on portal). Burt this is happening only for this user and particularly only this application. The user is able to create all the other requests (say, travel or trip).

Do reply if any of you have faced such issue or have any idea reg this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you check the user roles., did this action create any dump in the backend system ie St22.

You can also assign him different roles and verify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the empolyee have IT0008? There are some notes out there, because earlier the leave request did indeed dump if employee didn't have IT0008. I can't remember the note numbers, but we experienced this for some employees and were able to fix it thru the notes.

/Kirsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

If I am not wrong , this is a java web dynpro application (standard ESS / MSS - Leave Request application)for which the exceptions are not caught or seen in st22 transaction.

Also , on portal, I tried to check the error logs from the NWA (netweaver Administration) . I donot find any error log being created for this issue. But error logs are there for other issues and for other users for different issues.

Let me know if there is any option.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its Java only error then there wont be any dump in ST22.

Strange issue for you, in general if we get 500 error, there should be details of it in the same page.

You said this issue is occuring for only one user, is it getting replicated every time?

You are also seeing the same error when u login as that particular user?

Do one thing, assign him the Content Admin role and then do the preview of this iView form content admin and see if ur still seeing this error.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you add a different user to his record in IT0105 and check the portal again ie put a working username in his it0105 and the chekc the application

compare the roles of these users. There might be some customisation missingl

So you need to ensure all customisation is correct!

Can you check for his pernr in backend using PTARQ > TEST application and see if he can raise a leave request in backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth / Yugandhar,

Thanks for all your suggestions. The issue seems to be that the parameters that are to be maintained at the back end for any end user to access the ESS applications were not maintained properly in this case. It took quite long time as we were misguided in this particular check that we did long back. We are now approaching the right team to maintain the parameters(that we checked on su01).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

i am trying to solve same or similiar problem with 500 Internal Server Error. You wrote that you found solution of this problem. Can you please specify what parameters have to be maintained at the backend.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I believe ur seeing 500 Internal error on portal when ur trying to access the Leave Request.

Once u get the 500 Internal Error, along with the error u will see the Java stack trace of the errors. You need to copy and paste those errors here.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

I tried.. But i could not attach the image in the reply. Still, I assume it woud be of no use as the screen shot doesnot show any error log below the error message. Also, no error was found at transaction st22.

The error message only says " 500 Internal server error . Failed to process your request. Please contact your system Administrator. "

Nothing below this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are getting some exception, so ur seeing the 500 internal server error.

Please post us the complete error trace which ur seeing on the portal, through this we can analyze

what part of code is raising this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Yugandhar,

Hi !!! Not finding error logs at NWA portal also for this issue though error was recreated many times by the user when trying to access the leave request application upon request. ST22 is also not an option as it is a standard Java web dynpro (ESS) application. Let me know if there is any other way out.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

many a times a dump is created for ESS applications as well in ST22, but not always! So its better to verify in the backend if there is indeed a dump in the system

Can you paste the whole error and also check the customitsation of leave rquest for this user ie in backend using Ptarq his rule group assignment etc