cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Role sub-folder in BEx Analyser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an already existing BEx role. This role contains multiple sub-folders based on country like UK, Germany, USA etc. In PFCG we have added a new folder Austria.

But in BEx Analyzer in the role we are unable see this new sub-folder Austria.

I have triesd to publish query in this folder in the query designer but unable to see Austria sub-folder in the role.

I have added a report in the PFCG in the Austria folder in this role still i am unable to see this folder in the BEx analyser.

Please advice what should i do to see this newly created sub-folder in the role in BEx analyser.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardeep,

check the Menu role assigned to the user. If you are assigning Menu role (Single role) directly to the user then there should not be any problem, if the same single role you have included in any Composite role and assigning Composite role to the user is the cause.

If you have included Menu role (single role) in any composite role..... Every time you publish new query you have to do Read Menu.

PFCG ---> give the composite role --> Menu tab ----> Read Menu (button at right side)

So that it will read again all Menus of the Singles included in that Composite Role, then you are able to view newly published queries.

Hope it helps

Firoz.

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hardeep,

Are you able to see the folder using PFCG transaction?

If the folder is missing under roles in BEx analyzer then this might be a front end tool issue.

Was there any Upgrades done to your system recently.... For ex : any patch level upgrades etc?

Whats the GUI version and patch level you are on to.

What is the BW version ?

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same issue, after an upgrade to 7.3 SP9, suddenly publish to a role folder became a problem.

All authorizations seems to be set appropriately, PFCG shows all the sub folders fine and when I do ST01 trace, all auth checks are pass...  It just won't show the sub folders while publishing to a role in BEX query designer.  Just the top level folders...

When I manually create the Query link in PFCG transaction, it doesn't show up in BEX when you display the queries from the role folders.

Seems like an upgrade feature but I cannot be sure since it's been a quite some time a new query was published.

Also, no issue publishing to Portal...

Thanks,

Cuneyt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

same is the case with me, recently our BI system has upgraded to the latest version and we are not able to see folders that are empty in PFCG role and we are also not able to publish any queries into the folders that we have created in PFCG Role.

any Idea to overcome such issue if you ever encountered.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Dinesh

cuneyt_kavaslar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Issue we had was related to composite roles with the menus in them.  We changed and moved all menus into single roles and assigned t-codes to the authorization to publish into the roles along with RRMX and it's fixed the issue.

Some notes are below:

The T-codes SAP_BW_QUERY and SAP_BW_VIEW are not real t-codes but are needed – see Note 316470 - No authorization to change roles

Also noted the menu role is a composite role – this may be part of the issue Note 954009 - Unable to publish in a composite roleTry a single role on its own (i.e. don’t assign the composite role to the user) and see if that works. We have single menu roles that are included in composite roles (i.e. for a position) but not a composite “Menu” role.

Hope it helps,

Cuneyt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problema after the upgrade 7.3.

The menú appears different from analyzer created by the t-code PFCG and when i manually créate the workbook link in PFGC, it doesn't show up in Bex when you display the workbook from the roles folders.

Please tell me how i solve the problem.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardeep,

I saw a lot of recommendations for OSS Note 1560755 for this issue.  It didn't realy help me when I applied the note, I'm wondering how did you fix the issue.

Thanks,

Cuneyt