cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Work Item still appears in inbox after approval

zackpatel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, We have an issue in SRM 7.0 UWL when an approval work item at a specific level finds more than 1 approver.

1) When there is more than 1 agent at a specifc approval level, after the item is approved the work item still stays in the Inbox of the approver. However, the approval tab on the document in SRM shows that approval is now at next level. The workflow log does not show any updates based on the approval that was done.

2) However, if the work item in UWL is clicked on twice, and approval is done from the webdynpro launced the second time, then it behaves correctly. Workflow logs get updated, next approval is routed correctly, and work item is removed from inbox.

Note: This only happens when an approval level has more than 1 agent. If there is only 1 agent, the behavior is correct.

Appreciate any help!

Zack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this a standard solution or modified solution?

You could have faced a bug in the standard work item completion code. I have seen this a few times (not with SRM though). Coul you check that what is the actual status of the work item after you have tried to approve the work item for the first time. You can check the status in transaction SWI1 (or table SWWWWIHEAD). Is the status COMMITTED? And after you try approve it second time, does it get status COMPLETED? IF this is the case (the status is COMMITTED after first approval), there is a bug in the code somewhere. You might find a solution for this from OSS. IF you have some kind of customized solution, you need to talk with a WF consultant - basically you need to call the work item completion function two times in a row.

Regards,

Karri

zackpatel
Explorer
0 Kudos

The work item status is still showing 'READY' - like it has never been executed or reserved.

From the UWL, however, the work item has been exectued and approved. The approval levels tab on the document in UWL shows the approval is now at next level, however approvers are same.

This is also happening incosistently. Sometimes workflow and approvals are working fine other instances we see this issue! Not sure what the issue might be. Nothing in ST22/SLG1.

Regards,

Zack

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, then I have no idea. This might be more of an SRM problem than UWL. I don't see this much to do with UWL. UWL is just a "stupid" UI layer that is used to launch the applications (it not responsible of completing the items). If the applications (in your case the shopping cart approval) cannot complete the work items, this is a problem in the application itself.

Isn't there some badi that is responsible for determining the approvers and completing the items, etc.? (I am not an SRM consultant.) Could there be something wrong in the badi? But as I said, you might want to ask this from SRM forum.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

I'm facing the similar issue. Did you got the resolution for it? If yes please share.

Thanks,

Swapnil