cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report issue : Error in file..<.rpt>. Error in formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I recently migrated a report from production to test environemnt and it throws me the following error:

Error in File C:\DOCUME1\oe_user\LOCALS1\Temp\packing instructions {4058873B-9756-4052-B479-EBD2D0A08E7D}.rpt:Error in formula <Object_Visibility>. '{Command.EXACT_WEIGHT_FLAG} = "Ne (No)"'

This field name is not known.

In production server is installed Oracle 9i database and in test server is installed Oracle 10g

The report has 1 main report and 2 sub reports.

1. The same report works fine in production server without any issues.

2. I had executed the report in Crystal reports 2008 and it runs fine displaying all fields without any issues.

3. I had also tried taking the query of both subreports and the main report and tried executing it in oracle and it runs fine without any issues.

However during the runtime in the test server, it throws the following error.

Can someone help me out with this issue..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also for your kind information, I have already tried the following.

Kindly let me know your suggestions on the same and what else could be done more to resolve the issue.

1. Executed the report in Crystal report and it executes fine.

2. Executed the report query in respective schema and it works fine.

3. But during runtime in test server, report is causing issues(Formula issue).

4. We had tried to configure different data providers(MSDAORA, OLEDB.ORACLE, ORACLE SERVER) and still same issue occurs only during runtime.

5. Also tried removing the sub reports tried running only the main report. Even after that we got issues.

6. We had made a separate setup of application in another test server and tried ruunning the application. Same error thrown during runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Latest update:

When I run the report after removing the 2 sub reports there was no issues during runtime.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

What is the patch level of CR 2008?

Is it a win or a web app?

What is the server OS?

First, try to simply view the report. Let the report prompt for the database credentials and the parameter values if any.

See if it reproduces the issue.

ReportDocument rd = new ReportDocument();
        rd.Load(Server.MapPath("CrystalReport.rpt"));
        CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rd;

Take a look at the SAP Note :

[1421867 - Error: This field name is not known|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_bi/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes%7B6163636573733d36393736354636443646363436353344333933393338323636393736354637333631373036453646373436353733354636453735364436323635373233443330333033303331333433323331333833363337%7D.do]

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Bhushan.

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try suppressing one field at a time in the report and run the report.

With this, you should be able to find the field which is creating the problem, if any.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhusan,

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Patch of Cystal report used : Crystal Report 2008 and Crystal report 2008 SP2

Server : Windows Server 2003

Application : Windows application.

I had tried to view the report in Crystal reports viewer, It prompted me for database credentials and paramaters for main reports and 2 subreports. After I had given it the report ( Both Main report and 2 subreports) executes fine in Crystal reports viewer.

But when I copy this report after saving changes to my test server, application starts giving error in runtime.

But when I remove the 2 subreports in Crystal report viewer, save it and place it in test server it executes fine.Only the supreport seems to be the trouble makers during runtime.

And I had also gone through the note that you had provided me.

Can you kindly let me know how to use the UNICODE version of the Solid database driver in the report. Thanks a lot for the kind assistance.

Thanks and regards,

Siva Raj.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Thanks a lot for the response.

I had already tried suppressing one field at a time in the report and tried to run the report in runtime.

But when i remove one field, the error moves to the other field and finally I had to suppress all fileds in sub report. Remove the entire subreport

Everything works fine when i execute the report in Crystal report 2008. Issue occurs only when it is being executed in runtime.

Any more kind suggestions on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Siva Raj.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh & Bhusan,

Also i had tried to configure the report using ORACLE SERVER data provider.

When I use that particular provider also it runs fine in Crystal reports 2008.

When i save the report and place it in my test server, it throwsthe following error.

Error in File C:\DOCUME1\oe_user\LOCALS1\Temp\packing instructions {E3CE49C9-16B7-4B58-9759-CBF3C137099D}.rpt:

Failed to load database information.

Target Site : Boolean ThrowDotNetException(System.Exception)

Stack Trace : at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)

Kindly suggest !!!

Thanks and regards,

Siva Raj.T

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to temporarily install the CR 2008 designer on the server. Then try to run the report in the CR designer. Does it run there? If not, often, the designer will give you an idea of why not or an error message that may be more clear as to what is going on.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Answers (0)