cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Report throws error "Unknown Error in SL Service (WIS 00000)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a Webi Report directly on top of a BEx query in SBOP 4.0. I created a BICS connection in CMC to be able to access this BEx query for building a Webi Report.

Now when I open the BEx query using Webi Rich Client, I am able to see all the objects from the BEx query in the Universe Outline Column and when I start pulling the objects to my Result objects area and run the query I am getting the prompts that were declared in the BEx query, so everything worked fine until this point but when I fill the prompts and execute the query I am getting the error "Unknown Error in SL Service (WIS 00000)"

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: Unknown Error in SL Service

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:144)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:101)

atcom.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler.java:127)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:178)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.process(AbstractServer.java:133)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.InstanceServer.process(InstanceServer.java:94)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.services.util.ServerRequestProcessor.processServerRequest(ServerRequestProcessor.java:49)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.dataprovider.service.DataProviderServiceImpl.processDataProviderCommand(DataProviderServiceImpl.java:419)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.dataprovider.service.DataProviderServiceImpl.processDataProviderCommand(DataProviderServiceImpl.java:431)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.dataprovider.service.DataProviderServiceImpl.run(DataProviderServiceImpl.java:192)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.workspace.service.WorkspaceServiceImpl.run(WorkspaceServiceImpl.java:346)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.RunWorkspaceTask.doIt(RunWorkspaceTask.java:74)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.RunWorkspaceTask.doIt(RunWorkspaceTask.java:11)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.tasks.WebITask.doInBackground(WebITask.java:113)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:278)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerException: Unknown Error in SL Service

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHandler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequestHandler.java:238)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler.java:121)

... 18 more

The thing that is throwing me off is, we have created a number of connections to different BEx queries in similar fashion and are able to create Webi reports on top of them but I don't understand what is wrong with this one.

Did any come across this issue and have any suggestions?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

SRV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aharon_digilov2
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. Install Service Pack 2 and the last PATCH ( I think now is 7) in BO server.

2. Check that you use JAVA 1.6 PATH 19, if you have another version of Java, uninstall it. Run the WEBI and it will install at you computer the required version of JAVA.

If you will still have this problem, it can be because of using BEX authorization variables in Default Area. If you have authorization variables transfer them to Filter Area in BEx

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was able to solve this problem for Business Objects 4.1 SP2 by removing the check in the "Saved Language" box on the OLAP connection.  I reran the queries and the java error no longer appeared.

Cheers,

Terry 

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This has been a BUg before - so you should evaluate the latest patch . FYI - 2.8 came out yesterday

however, the best way to capture the problem is 3-pronged:

RSTT traces in BW

TraceLog 'high' on WebIProcessingServer

TraceLog 'high' on the AdaptiveProcessingServer which is running the DSL_Bridge service.

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if you're still facing the issue but it seems that it deals with option language on BICS connection.

In Information Design Tool, when you create the BICS connection, in the window where you give the server name, user, ... there is a checkbox "Save language".

I just check it, save the connection then retry to refresh the report and it works fine.

If I switch it off, it failed again.

So this option seems to be a cause of the issue.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into the same issue. Did you figure out why you were getting this error?

I am pretty new to WebI so I won't know what is going behind the scene but my issue I have narrow it down to one characteristic which has hierarchy on it. I do have other hierarchy in the query too but the query works fine with those hierarchies.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sapan,

I had a very stupid solution to this, it worked for me. I am not sure if it will work for you as well.

I had a variable declared with some default values on one of the characteristics in characteristic restriction and when I took it out it the Webi Report started running fine. I validated it by doing the same on another query which had the same problem and same variable, I took it out and even that worked.

My take on this, if a variable is not supported by Webi 4.0 I would think it should give me everything with out considering the filter or whatever but I will definitely not expect an error. And even in User guide they just mentioned some of the variables may not work so its better to declare them at Webi level but never mentioned you will get error's. Also nothing is documented about the error WIS00000.

I dont know if that will help you but try removing your variables one by one and see the difference if you dont have a variable with default values as in my case.

Also, about two hierarchies in the query, I am running into errors if I use both in the query and this happens only when IO run for time periods with huge data and I believe it is not because I have two hierarchies.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks & Regards,

SRV