cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open SQL Server error on 64 bit Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client running a Crystal 8.5 report that includes an embedded subreport. The subreport based on a second database is not updating and sometimes the report reports an error "Cannot open SQL Server".

The database is open and available, and the report works on a 32-bit XP machine on the same database with the exact same report on the same network.

The report works on my development machine with the clients database and the exact same report (my system is Windows 7 32-bit) - different office setup.

Because the report only has problems on the 64-bit, I am wondering if there is a pathing problem from the Program files (x86) or some such issue.

I have copied the files in the c:\Windows\Crystal directory to the c:\Windows\system32 directory. I've come across issues with Terminal Services that required this in the past.

If it matters, the main report is based on the MS Text Driver running off csv files and the subreport is based on a MySQL database using the 3.51 ODBC driver.

Does anyone know any issues and/or solutions related to running Crystal/32 bit programs on a 64 bit system?

TIA, rasinc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

CR 8.5 is not supported on 64 bit OS's or ANY Terminal Servers.

The location for 32 bit applications on a 64 bit OS is \windows\syswow64.

Good luck

Don