cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection error when refreshing an ODBC connected Crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've got an issue when trying to refresh or Publish a report crystal based on an ODBC connection (excel or access).

I've 2 kind of reports on my BI Launch pad (BOE 4.0) :

- Ones with BICS connection which works perfectly

- Ones with ODBC connection.

If I open the ODBC's ones with Crystal reports client, I can refresh them without trouble.

If I try to refresh them from BI Launch pad or if try to publish them with update I face the following message(publish without update works) :

"The viewer could not process an event. The data source is invalid: '[] <java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method org.eclipse.emf.common.util.URI.isPlatform() of an object loaded from local variable 'uri'>'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to solve the problem. [JRC00005380]

-

Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]".

The BO database is on MS SQL Express 2008.

The BO version is BOE 4.0 SP2

The CR version is Crystal Reports for Enterprise SP2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Thomas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that not one have found a solution so I am still looking for a source of solution

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Few month ago I asked my client.

It seems that the issue has been solved with an upgrade (I don't know which patch has been installed).

I'm quite sure they run on 4.1 now.

Sorry for not having more informations to give you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please confirm me customer name to share there experience to deploy report in Infoview with an ODBC Excel 12.0?

Also, let me know about issue to pass from BO 4.0 to BO 4.1

THanks    

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue.

I've created 32 and 64 bit ODBC drivers with the same DNS names and still receive this error when running any report from the BI Launch pad:

The viewer could not process an event. The data source is invalid: '[] <java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid shortcut: LATE_BINDING_URI.lbu>'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to solve the problem. [JRC00005380]

---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

Please help someone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error hasn't been solved yet for us.

My client refreshs manually from CR client application.

It's the only solution found.

ODBC 32/64 bits issue still persist.

Sorry.

0 Kudos

hi,

There is a similar issue we are struggling with.

We have created ODBC Connection in IDT with SQL Server 2008 (with 32 bit and 64 bit).

When tried to change the (existing report) data source in CR enterprise with this newly created connection, below error is displayed.

"The viewer could not process an event. The data source is invalid: '[] <java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method org.eclipse.emf.common.util.URI.isPlatform() of an object loaded from local variable 'uri'>'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to solve the problem. [JRC00005380]

Environment:

Crystal Report Enterprise 4 (SP05 and Patch 6)

Tested with ODBC connection on BusinessObjects server AND on local machine both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have almost the same issue on our side. When we try to View CR reports for Auditing (delivered by SAP without support) we get connection error. But same report runs fine by scheduling .

We have also created the ODBC Connection in SQL Server 2008 with 32 bit and 64 bit , but it did not solve the problem.

It is obvious that client CR uses ODBC 32 conn, But BI Launchpad uses ODBC 64 bit conn.

Any ideas ?.

Regards

M. Zeybek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Someone resolved this issue?

This Resolution don't works with BICS

1.     Log in to CMC.

2.     Locate the report.

3.     Right click on the report, select 'Database Configuration'.

4.     Provide correct database connection details and click on 'Update'.

5.     Re-run the report from Infoview.

I'm using CR for Enterprise 4 with SP5 & BI 7.0

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Little update :

The source files (.mdb and .xls) are not secured. So on Database Connection tab of the report on CMC I have the following :

"This report does not require any database configuration"

julian_jimenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The obvious first step is to check that in the server you have the entries using the ODBC 64bits. When you design the reports the application IDT and Crystal are 32 bits.

The Data Source Administrator 64bits:

%WINDIR%\System32\odbcad32.exe

Also, make sure that the path for the Excel and Access are in UNC format
servername\share\file.mdb

Regards,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

With default installation we hadn't Excel and Acces 64bit drivers.

We download and install them.

So now we have the same ODBC connections (DSN System) in 32 and 64bit versions.

regarding UNC format, where can set it up ?

Because when we create the server ODBC connection, we choose the file and the path is generated automatically as :

F:install\file.mdb for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unlike what I said before,

Publishing without update fail too.

But with a different message which is the following one :

2011-11-23 15:34:41,139 ERROR [PublishingService:HandlerPool-9] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminErrorLog_Instance_21381 - [Publication ID # 21381] - Scheduling document job "14_Principaux engagements hors bilan_FR" (ID: 21,389) failed: Error communicating with BOE: La valeur de l'argument n'est pas valide null (CRS 300005) Scheduling document '14_Principaux engagements hors bilan_FR' (ID: 21,389) failed for the following users: Administrator (ID: 12) These users had the following profile values: [No profile values] (FBE60502) [1 recipients processed.]

I really don't understand what is the cause of those issue with ODBC connection.

Regards,

Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After looking a little around I've another question.

It seems that client CR uses ConnectionServer32 BUT BI Launchpad uses Connectionserver (probably 64bit).

If I look at the server metrics, ConnectionServer32 has ODBC for Access and excel drivers loaded.

But on ConnectionServer I can't see anything like that (there is ODBC SQL and Generic ODBC but no Excel or Access).

Could it be the source of this issue ? Is there a way to add drivers for this server ?

Edited by: Thomas Meunier on Nov 24, 2011 10:35 AM

julian_jimenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

It seems to be a bug fixed in Patch 2.3. Check the KBA:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1572038

Regards,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

we just install 2.8 FixPack (which I think contains 2.3 updates) and it doesn't solve our issue.

So we keep looking and a SAP Call has been opened.

0 Kudos

There is a note in SAP Support site addressing this problem:

1558691 - Error: The viewer could not process an event. Failed to open the connection.

I wonder if you have checked the solutions proposed:

Resolution

1. Log in to CMC.

2. Locate the report.

3. Right click on the report, select 'Database Configuration'.

4. Provide correct database connection details and click on 'Update'.

5. Re-run the report from Infoview.

TomGra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

did you solve problem?

BR

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No the issue is still present.

It seems to be an issue with ODBC drivers 64Bit.

We still refresh manually those reports.

Regards,

Thomas.