cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not login as J2ee_admin in dual stack solution manager 7.1

0 Kudos

I'm having problems with logging into the Http://solutionmanager:50000/nwa. It does not reconize the password.

I'm able to log onto the abap server with j2ee_admin without any issues.

I was able to log onto the NWA with another admin user and check if j2ee_admin was locked. It was not locked.

Tried reseting the password and got an error below: How do I manage the portal users if it's dual stack?

An error occurred in the persistence. The original message (possibly not translated) was: "User "J2EE_ADMIN" cannot be created, updated or deleted (either own communication user or technical backend user).". Contact your system administrator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked under UME -> configuration ->datasources ??

Solman should be configured with ABAP as datasource:

Security guide page 55: https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000482312011E.PDF

"Since SAP Solution Manager is based on SAP NetWeaver ABAP and Java, the User Management Engine (UME) of the Java stack is to be configured against the ABAP stack.This is done during automated basic settings configuration, see Landscape Setup Guide."

Is your solman configured with ABAP as datasource?? if yes, please check the ABAP client and user data. Maybe the java stack is connected to the wrong client.

Regards,

Diego.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for leading me to the right path.

I found out that when I reconfigured the UME to use j2ee_admin, it cause the problem after restart of sap.

I went ahead to configtool and changed the settings and reset the j2ee_admin password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addtion to Diego's suggestions above, check the roles assigned to SAPJSF user. This user is used for communication between ABAP and J2EE UME. If this user has read-only role (SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO) in tcode SU01(ABAP system), then you cannot create users via the NWA User admin page. User maintenance should happen only from SU01. Because ABAP is the datasource for J2EE.

Regards,

Srikishan